Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

Annaquilts 01-17-2014 07:52 PM

Jaba you got me in stitches. I was thinking the same but then an applique quilt from me. I would love that Buggy Barn chicken quilt though from Beth.

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6518846)
Would love a bargello from you Beth but not sure you would love an applique from me:D

jaba 01-17-2014 08:19 PM

Now I'm really in trouble, what's a buggy barn chicken quilt? Maybe we just need to be partner's and wing it!

Whigrose 01-17-2014 08:45 PM

Hi all, just popping in to say "Hi" to some quilting friends from past Quilts for quilters swaps. Also, can't wait to see all the great quilts that will be swapped.

Best,
d

Annaquilts 01-17-2014 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6518952)
Now I'm really in trouble, what's a buggy barn chicken quilt? Maybe we just need to be partner's and wing it!

http://webstore.quiltropolis.net/sto...3&Item_ID=1140

Elisabrat 01-18-2014 06:03 AM

cry foul everyone! or is it cry fowl (quack quack).. what? YOUR NOT PLAYING? ha! but of course you are Yosamitesa! we need you, we want you.. we love your fabrics (grin) and your creativity! you could get a cool quilt for the little man out of this! Ok you could get a grand quilt for you but know the little man will suddenly want to use it or like in my case the big man steals right out from under your fingers.. join for goodness sakes!

I am almost ready today I say goodbye to the kids again for a few months and then tomorrow I get to put my sewing machine back where it belongs ... ON THE DINNER TABLE. sheesh its not been used for dinners in so long I cant tell you lol its almost naked looking without a cutting board, a machine, and all the fun things that go with it. it wants to be draped in fabric again I just know it. talk about itchy fingers... hate to look at the clock like hurry up lol but I have projects to work on! ANDALE ANDALE! (spell check).. maybe rapido rapido! would be wiser since I can spell that one lol

Yosamitesa 01-18-2014 11:25 AM

Lol. I'm working on a quick Star Wars quilt. It's for my best friend from college's girlfriend. She is having a total hysterectomy in February. My best friend called last night to see how fast I can get it done. Her sister was in a really bad wreck a few weeks ago and yesterday her brain activity stopped and she passed away. When lil man goes down for nap I'm layering and basting to quilt tonight and tomorrow.

I'll probably end up playing. I have a batik quilt I'd like to get together. If I'm not needed to play I've got plenty to work on right now. ;)

marybrace 01-18-2014 12:48 PM

Yosamitesa said

I'll probably end up playing. I have a batik quilt I'd like to get together. If I'm not needed to play I've got plenty to work on right now.

I'm not in any of your swaps right now as I still have a lifetime supply of 6 1/2 and 10 1/2 inch squares from your and luv's past swaps and am now collecting 2 1/2 inches. (diminished eyesight so tell me why I'm going smaller) I'm not surprised to learn that you are making a special quilt for a friend.....You are a true friend!

Just a quick question....How's the Dr. Suess quilt progressing? Mary Ellen

Yosamitesa 01-18-2014 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by marybrace (Post 6520045)
Yosamitesa said

I'll probably end up playing. I have a batik quilt I'd like to get together. If I'm not needed to play I've got plenty to work on right now.

I'm not in any of your swaps right now as I still have a lifetime supply of 6 1/2 and 10 1/2 inch squares from your and luv's past swaps and am now collecting 2 1/2 inches. (diminished eyesight so tell me why I'm going smaller) I'm not surprised to learn that you are making a special quilt for a friend.....You are a true friend!

Just a quick question....How's the Dr. Suess quilt progressing? Mary Ellen

Whoops!!! Dr. Seuss is next after Star Wars. Got 3 weeks until 4th birthday. He loves Dr. Seuss right now. :) also started a quilt for hubby that is a log cabin quilt....my first. Have to start and finish celtic solstice for him for Christmas. Lots to do. Not enough time. Hubby working today...lil man decided no nap. Got a cranky lil man. About to order pizza then early bed.

Boop56 01-18-2014 04:04 PM

I don't know if this the right thing to throw out there but, I would like TO DO an oriental print quilt if anyone is interested in wanting one. I am a surprise me person. Just putting out feelers to see. Thanks

oldcatlady 01-18-2014 04:16 PM

Oh my, it is funny how things just drop in your lap or fall in your path right in front of you :) :) :)
I would love an oriental/Asian quilt. My nephew married a lovely lady from Japan and I have been wanting to make myself a quilt with that theme.
PS. I also have collected some faere material, named the baby quilt I made for my great niece 'Butterfly Kisses' and collect angels-the prettier the wings the better! this is so strange but in a very good way :)

Originally Posted by Boop56 (Post 6520322)
I don't know if this the right thing to throw out there but, I would like TO DO an oriental print quilt if anyone is interested in wanting one. I am a surprise me person. Just putting out feelers to see. Thanks