Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

QuiltingKrazy 01-18-2014 04:17 PM

Boop56 I am trying to send you a pm and it says you don't accept them?

Nexxus831 01-18-2014 05:08 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your friends sister. Your young so I am presuming she was young. It's very tragic to pass on so young. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of your Star Wars quilt I have about 10 different Star Wars fabric just can't think of what pattern to do with them. Also I would be up for a group of three if we end up with even numbers. I really would enjoy you joining us.

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 6519955)
Lol. I'm working on a quick Star Wars quilt. It's for my best friend from college's girlfriend. She is having a total hysterectomy in February. My best friend called last night to see how fast I can get it done. Her sister was in a really bad wreck a few weeks ago and yesterday her brain activity stopped and she passed away. When lil man goes down for nap I'm layering and basting to quilt tonight and tomorrow.

I'll probably end up playing. I have a batik quilt I'd like to get together. If I'm not needed to play I've got plenty to work on right now. ;)

Yosamitesa 01-18-2014 05:10 PM

Can't upload from my phone. If I finish this weekend I'll take a picture of the finished project. :)

Nexxus831 01-18-2014 05:11 PM

Thank you I would greatly appreciate that

Elisabrat 01-19-2014 07:25 AM

You are a good friend Cindy. also your one heck of a busy woman .. mom, wife, working full time.. other than that bored too death I know. I think your doing grand myself but maybe you should hold off. And a three way is easy to do A sends to B B sends to C and C sends to A. tada! you don't have to join afterall. just herd us as one of my other swap groups calls it. Herding cats, not an easy job at all :) but super you .. you can do it!

now everyone sign up, play straight and we can make it a whole lot easier on dear Yosamitesa! she might even enjoy this :)
tick tock tick tock sign up and work on blocks! this will be fun, this will be great, come on in and find your date! (a quilty one at that!).

Yosamitesa 01-19-2014 07:39 AM

Thanks le brat!!! It has been a rough time lately. Hubby working 7 days a week. My work is about to turn upside down this week...big announcement coming that only me and another know. Hate that type of knowledge. Top it all off...lil man is acting out because he misses daddy. As for pairs...y'all are making this really easy. I was worried, but not now. ;) I'll work on everyone's information this week so it'll make sending names, likes, etc easier to send out. :D

jaba 01-19-2014 07:43 AM

I'd love an oriental quilt too, I've seen some beautiful ones in the aqua tones

Elisabrat 01-19-2014 06:49 PM

oh Jaba you cant have one. Period. Nope .. only novelty quilts for you. lots of bears and hearts and cats lots of cats too all your favorites (evil grin). I know how much you love those novelties :) Oriental? hum... guess if it was the right fabric with the right colors.. I don't care much for people on my quilts. no clue why (probably something Dr. Phil can help me with). oh right it wasn't much about me was it? nope it was about picking on Jaba. yeah that was what it was about! I get easily lost lol..

Gannyrosie 01-20-2014 02:52 AM

The closer it gets to the starting line and the more I read the comments, ya'll are getting me nervous. I sure hope I don't disappoint anyone. I have a quilt in mind but colors, well, I'll have to shop cause I really don't have a stash. Jaba I don't like people either, not unless it's a kids quilt with characters they like. I love animals, but not in a quilt. I"m country, but not that kind.

CarolynMT 01-20-2014 03:09 AM

GannyRosie, I am sure you wont disappoint anyone. The beauty of these quilts is they are made with love. All else is secondary. :) I am getting excited too, very hard not to go shopping till I have a name :p and style.

My LQS had some of the most beautiful deep red and ivory fabric with roses on it. A whole collection! I am so very tempted but no one (including me) that I know has red in their home. I so want to work with these fabrics, they are too pretty to just leave on the shelf. Am hoping that my partner will love a deep red/ivory feminine quilt. :p If not, guess I will have to redecorate :p cause these fabrics are too pretty!