Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

CarolynMT 01-24-2014 06:28 AM

Congrats Elisabrat, will keep ya in my prayers/good wishes thoughts. :)

Ok, it is only a few hours till the deadline......I am so excited I can barely stand it! I suppose I need to get my whole cloth quilt DONE and off the frame pretty soon :p I need it! All the ideas running through my head are driving me nuts, cant wait to get a design/fabric decided and start!

:) Hugs to all!

Yosamitesa 01-24-2014 06:42 AM

So...I made it to work and at almost 8 also. Took me 45 minutes to get here, but I made it!!! Between where I live and oh...the rest of Houston, there is a HUGE bridge crossing over the San Jacinto River. Well, I was on the access road (frontage road) going slow...got to the bridge and everyone STOPPED!!! While sitting there, I saw the freeway and about every minute to minute and a half I saw someone go slidding across the freeway becuase they don't know how to drive on the ice on the bridges. Morons was all I could think. After I passed a truck that had hit the side of the bridge I was on, I got in the right hand lane (where no one was) and took it 5 and 10 mph and made it to my exit. Then, my co-worker called me freeked out...she was on that bridge. I talked her how to drive on the ice and told her to look for that truck and then get in the right hand lane and go slow, but that she should make it no problem. She made it in the office and gave me a big hug for talking her through how to drive on ice. The 2 overpasses my hubby could take to work...well, they were CLOSED this morning. Why Texas feels the need to build these overpasses like 40 or 50 feet in the air (I know they are not that high but still)...I have no idea...I guess they feel things need to be BIGGER in Houston. The icy rain/sleet/snow has stopped and the clouds are moving out. Hoping this dries out some before we plummet into the 20's again tonight. So...lets see how many more sign-ups we can get before noon!!!

oldcatlady 01-24-2014 07:00 AM

Glad you made it safely! I saw pictures of the big pile up in Indiana, so sad. My prayers to everyone affected.

jaba 01-24-2014 07:20 AM

sewmany, I know yosamitesa is very careful, but sometimes the sign ups and the names just don't work out that way. As long as I know, I'm fine. A little soap and water is all it takes. Cold here yesterday and today. Got only about an 1" of snow yesterday, so far nothing this morning. I moan and groan when my son calls and tells me how nice it is in Florida...

Nexxus831 01-24-2014 07:24 AM

Ughhhhhh hurry up noon I want my partner......hypnotypsing yosamitesa.....for that wonderful perfect match I want,,,,lol

Yosamitesa 01-24-2014 08:37 AM

ok...I need 1 more swapper!!! Any last minute stragglers...I need your sign-up. :) We have 29 swappers!!!

jaba 01-24-2014 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 6531983)
ok...I need 1 more swapper!!! Any last minute stragglers...I need your sign-up. :) We have 29 swappers!!!

Looks like you're going to have to join us !!

dabbler312 01-24-2014 08:45 AM

I'm hoping someone will want a batik quilt - while looking for fabric for something else this morning I came across a bundle of batiks that I forgot I had; it's a shame they've been in hiding all this time; they're more of an earthy color pallet - think fall with a midnight blue sky. Hopefully my partner will like batik fabrics.

Tossed my name in the hat and signed up for this fun project - need to pick up background fabric and I'm ready to roll.

jaba 01-24-2014 08:54 AM

Pick me dabbler, I love batiks!!! We haven't had each others name in a long time.

Nexxus831 01-24-2014 09:04 AM

Ohhhh does that make 30. Close this puppy up and hand out partners