Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

jaba 02-01-2014 05:10 PM

I have a couple of idea's for Dabbler, now she can decide

mumukate 02-01-2014 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 6548916)
went shopping today and picked up some of the fabric needed at Mill Ends along with a couple preprinted whole cloth quilt tops, 40 spools of thread and 10 scraps---total purchase came to $13.61. going out of business sale--fabric is 70% off, notions are 60% off. only thing not discounts was the little scraps i picked up--they cost a quarter apiece but are big enough to make centers of some doll quilts which is why i bought them.
Now I can start actual work on the quilt for this swap and see whether i bit off more than i can chew with my proposed plan. I have the picture in my head--now to get it transposed to fabric.

WOW, roseirish48 that's GREAT!!! Good job - what a savvy shopper your are!

I'm excited - the fabric I'm using arrived yesterday! The flannel wouldn't have worked anyway - wrong color background. I had applique class today and I was able to find an EXCELLENT replacement while there. Ready to get started now! :)

lovngrandma 02-02-2014 07:40 AM

Hello ladies--- well Yosamitesa is my partner and im so excited aboutthis, i have started picking out fabrics, already adn oh my such fun--- she loces scrapy -- so woohoo here are some of the fabrics i have so far, will be cutting them today, so excited, and love my block choice also, --- i love the blocks i see here such talent, and so many different themes and such beauty,well im trying to post a pic and its not letting me darn it, il keep trying

zzmom 02-02-2014 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by J_cody (Post 6547511)
Well I had a wkd at a quilt retreat and was excited I got the name of my partner and did some talking with her and I have free reign of the quilt to make for her, Well with a full day of sewing I finished the top and am deciding if it is enough or if I need to do a different one for her. Its like quilters remorse love cutting sewing and putting it all together and then when it is done it is a crash I need to start on another one and go again. Is that crazy or does everyone feel like that.

Wow, wow, wow J_Cody you are fast! I always enjoy the piecing process and am usually ready for the end when one quilt is done and look forward to starting or finishing the next project. I have started yours and am excited about it. Do you want to see a sneak peak of the fabrics, via a photo, or a complete surprise at the end?

oldcatlady 02-02-2014 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yosamitesa, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for matching me with Boop56. It is a perfect match! It is like we are kindred spirits or something! We love the same things-I also LOVE the ocean, I go crazy when it's been too long since I've seen it, and that can be a long time in the land locked state of Ohio LOL! I also NEVER miss an opportunity to marvel at the full moon. I love Lori Percy's avatar of the moon.

We have connected and I have the OK to go ahead with my idea. I am posting a pic of some of the fabrics without giving away too much I hope :) :) :)

Elisabrat 02-03-2014 07:08 AM

old cat lady what GREAT fabrics you have there. Love the fairy frost and then the fairies! that is going to be very pretty :)

Yosamitesa 02-03-2014 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
YEA!!! So glad the pairings seem to be matching up well. :) I'm loving the fabrics shown so far...

Here are my swatches. I'm on the hunt for one more today and then I should be ready to start cutting!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]460361[/ATTACH]

dabbler312 02-03-2014 09:34 AM

I picked up the background fabric for jaba's quilt on Saturday along with a couple extra fq to change out some that didn't quite line up with the rest of them. Now to just keep all my projects in a cohesive order so I can stay on track.

Boop56 02-03-2014 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am so excited about this swap. oldcatlady and me are made for each other. She could be my twin. Penny & Peggy. My machine pooped on me but my dear husband graciously bought the computerized Brother Project Runway sewing machine from WalMart. Saw on line that it was originally $399 but you can get them at Walmart for $149. Anyway. If I were rich I would send Penny a ticket to here so she could hand deliver my quilt and I would take her to the beach. Actually tomorrow is hubby's day off and it looks like we are heading to the gulf for the day. I am going to try to post pic of some of the blocks. Penny, I hope you like them.

lovngrandma 02-03-2014 10:47 AM

i sure love the colors,
all that im seeing are so colorful and are going to be so pretty

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 6552612)
YEA!!! So glad the pairings seem to be matching up well. :) I'm loving the fabrics shown so far...

Here are my swatches. I'm on the hunt for one more today and then I should be ready to start cutting!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]460361[/ATTACH]