Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

Elisabrat 02-16-2014 03:04 PM

help guys on the color catcher question!! anyone??? good thing we at least gave it one round with the color catchers right?? now what to do... I did rub six of my fabrics with a damp clothe.. five passed the test after washing. one still bleeds on to a rag so not using it. big trouble is: I used some of that fabric scraps in a quilt top I am making already. not this one but my medallion.. just a few 2.5" squares.. but its next to white!! so if I wash that with color catchers when its finished quilting will it bleed still onto my white area? its not in an easy spot to remove those few squares.. like 12" into that quilt top.. argh!!

I worked on my quilt for you Tam Moo today :) its now 45" square..two options: one it can end up a square 60" inch quilt or I can make it rectangular and a bit longer than 60" which is fine with me.. just need to know so I can plan the next round on this one so hurry hurry hope you read this!

ljdugas31 02-16-2014 03:09 PM

Nice love it. Gonna be. So me

dabbler312 02-16-2014 03:23 PM

I love surprises! If you're wondering about a backing fabric some sort of red with white or white with red print will be just fine.

We are under a winter storm warning again for tonight - this time the snow will be wet and heavy - GRRRRR
bring back the colder temps any day over sloppy wet snow.

Elisabrat 02-17-2014 06:00 AM

but sloppy wet snow means its MELTING and melting is perfectly wonderful for me! I wonder if we have a lawn.. haven't seen it in weeks. maybe it is gone for good we won't ever find out if it doesn't melt! spring where are you???

Elisabrat 02-17-2014 06:05 AM

ok answer I received on color catchers: the bleeder fabrics will probably continue to bleed and you will need to wash that quilt with color catchers each time you wash it they can bleed for years.. omg! so might go back and remove those squares and redo it.. sigh that is going to be work I can assure you. all day probably to get maybe 8 blocks that are 2.5 inchs out and redo it. SO WASH YOUR REDS OVER AND OVER if they bleed try to get as much of that die out or .. use a better fabric. I tossed the rest of that red don't want to accidentally use it.

Annaquilts 02-17-2014 06:55 AM

Ugh Linda. So sorry to hear that.

Yosamitesa 02-17-2014 08:32 AM

OH NO!!! Linda, so sorry to hear that!!! Good luck! I understand ripping out. Sewed like a mad woman last night...finished pressing blocks. Stood back looking and 2 of the blocks were sewed backwards!!! UGH!!! Ripped them out, set them aside and will try again tonight!

TheMamaHauser 02-17-2014 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]463051[/ATTACH]

Here's a small "strip" tease for you, Rodney :)

Nexxus831 02-17-2014 11:40 PM

Those are gorgeous Themamahauser

Elisabrat 02-18-2014 04:47 AM

do love those Kelly save me your scraps! doing a quilt for my daughter in almost all those exact colors! were you shopping in my sewing pile again? now I had better go on over there and check that its all there.. hum.. HEY!! someones been in my fabrics! KELLY!!! (I really am using almost the exact color/textures but mine are not batiks so I guess yours are really yours).

Tammy! where are you??? did you want a square or a rectangular quilt? need to know so I can continue. please let me know!!