Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

Annaquilts 01-02-2014 03:59 PM

No I think I might match with you but I am not sure how we would work this.

Oops it looks like Debbie is already snatched up. If you still need me just send a PM.

Originally Posted by applique (Post 6481568)
I have been watching this thread with interest. It is getting closer to what I can do. I was looking for a partner who is on such a tight budget that they feel they can't really participate. I am a faux quilter. I can only piece and quilt by hand and the old hands are no longer cooperating. (Chemo left them numb to boot!) Applique I can do as long as it is by machine, so I guess I am classified as a topper. So I could do a top, add the batting and backing and my partner would have to do the quilting, or add borders or piecing then do the quilting.Too weird??

Elisabrat 01-03-2014 08:16 AM

I am thinking of posting a sample block from each group of blocks I have so you can see what I am taking about on my holiday quilt sets.. is anyone interesting in seeing them? I would love for these quilt blocks to find a reason to be sewn together and made into a quilt that would be enjoyed. (ie holler if any of them speak to you!).

Rodney 01-03-2014 09:23 AM

Annaquilts and Applique, I'm open to whatever works best for you.
Annaquilts, if you're a better match for Applique, that's great. I think I misunderstood Applique's intent anyway.
Applique, if I'm correct you were looking for someone who wouldn't participate due to finances who could help you finish your quilt and be able to participate that way.
I originally thought Applique was looking for someone who wouldn't mind receiving an unfinshed quilt. I don't mind that at all, but if helping Applique finish her quilt gets someone who wouldn't participate otherwise into the swap then I'm all for it.
I'm going to play regardless of who I'm partnered with.
I'm open to anything on this swap so it's whatever works best for everyone. :)
Rodney

Yosamitesa 01-03-2014 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 6488854)
No I think I might match with you but I am not sure how we would work this.

Oops it looks like Debbie is already snatched up. If you still need me just send a PM.

You are welcome to come play with us!!! We would love to have you!

Yosamitesa 01-03-2014 09:40 AM

We have 13/30 spaces filled, so there are 17 spaces left or 21 days left to fill this swap!!!

Here is a list of swappers so far!!! (If you need to drop out, let me know before January 24th)

oldcatlady
zzmom
Nexxus831
TwinRiversFarm
The Mama Hauser
emc1118
Short an Sweet
lovngrandma
roseirish48
CarolynMT
Elisabrat
Rodney
Applique

TwinRiverFarm 01-03-2014 05:07 PM

Hey Brat - post those pictures! Now since you and I were partners last year, I can brag to everyone else that the quilt you made me is gorgeous, treasured and in demand around here. I had to take it OUT of my mother's suitcase before it was stolen right off the guest bed on me. This is such a fun swap, and accomodating everyone's skills, finances, whims and enthusiasm will be half the fun. Rodney - are you going to use one of your vintage machines??

Rodney 01-03-2014 07:22 PM

TwinRiverFarm: Yes. They're all I own. After using them I really don't have any desire for a new one. The old ones are just too much fun. :) I do have a Singer Touch & Sew waiting for restoration and a Monkey Wards that's probably from the early 70s but that's as new as I want to go. I may end up using one of those for the actual quilting. My 1948 Singer 66 will get the piecing work. It only does a straight stitch but it does it quite well.
The quilt snatching sounds like something my mother might have done. :D Take it for the compliment it is.
Rodney

Elisabrat 01-04-2014 05:17 AM

ah let mom have it lol nah keep it its in your colors :) thanks twinriversfarm for the nice compliment. love yours too but its not mine any longer the man has commandeered it from me :( and it sits on his chair for when he is cold.. its loved too.

pics to come this afternoon have to run out to clinic!

applique 01-04-2014 07:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Rodney (Post 6490196)
Annaquilts and Applique, I'm open to whatever works best for you.
Annaquilts, if you're a better match for Applique, that's great. I think I misunderstood Applique's intent anyway.
Applique, if I'm correct you were looking for someone who wouldn't participate due to finances who could help you finish your quilt and be able to participate that way.
I originally thought Applique was looking for someone who wouldn't mind receiving an unfinshed quilt. I don't mind that at all, but if helping Applique finish her quilt gets someone who wouldn't participate otherwise into the swap then I'm all for it.
I'm going to play regardless of who I'm partnered with.
I'm open to anything on this swap so it's whatever works best for everyone. :)
Rodney

Thanks everyone! I have signed up for the swap and think it will be a blast! I plan to do a show and tell as I go so everyone can enjoy (and comment)! Here is a quilt for the guild. The flying owl has now been stitched down and needs one more row of blocks so I can do the backing. If I can get the piecing done (I will force myself) then it should be done by Wednesday since it will only take a day to applique the back which is sitting there patiently waiting while I grumble about piecing! The penguins are waiting too but I promised to not touch them until this is done and off to be quilted. I wouldn't bet on it though....

Yosamitesa 01-04-2014 09:19 AM

Stunning quilt!!!