Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

Yosamitesa 04-27-2014 03:53 AM

That is stunning!!! I adore it!!!

dabbler312 04-27-2014 08:33 AM

CarolynMT that is an awesome block - love the quilting you did on the block; someday I hope to just bite the bullet and do my own quilting. Can't wait to see the entire project when it's finished - SEW AND TELL on this thread is going to be spectacular!

Rodney 04-27-2014 11:46 AM

CarolynMT very nice! I've never thought about effects like the lace center panel.
Rodney

Nexxus831 04-27-2014 02:24 PM

Carolyn I love it. Gorgeous job on the quilting. I am shore your partner will adore it.

Tam...Moo 04-28-2014 04:04 PM

Love the Queens Romance....it is beautiful!

Tam...Moo 04-28-2014 04:06 PM

Brat, I am adding the last border and your quilt will be off to the quilter by this Friday!!!

mumukate 04-29-2014 12:57 PM

Well, roseirish48's quilt is together! Hope to get the borders on tonight or tomorrow. Perfect timing to send it to the quilter's while I'm recuperating from shoulder surgery on Thursday.

ljdugas31 04-29-2014 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by CarolynMT (Post 6692465)
Ok ;) I got my piece "Queen's Romance" on my long arm yesterday, was all set to start quilting it this morning. Had my tea in my cup with a lid (cause cat loves to share and I dont :p ) everyone was fed and watered. Just about stepped down to get to work and the power went out :p sigh, whole city was out for like 2hrs. So I ended up folding all my tiny scraps that were long enough to ruler fold into 2.5 x 2.5 bundles (nice strips) and bagged up the others for cutting in to precut sizes.

I did get down into the long arm room today after my nap :p and I started on my partners quilt :) I will not show all the quilt, because it is a big secret, but since she just had surgery recently ;) I thought she might like a sneak peak. So here is one of the blocks quilted up, and I have to say, I am totally in love with it.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]473124[/ATTACH]

wow!!!!! I love it!! I cant believe it is mine!!! Just beautiful thank you so much a great pick me up I needed. Surgery went well still cant use my hand,stiches come out on Thursday.We will see....

ArizonaKAT 05-01-2014 10:07 AM

OK, I've given up on the quilting machine . . . for now. The repairman wanted $120 just to show up. Living in the country does have some downfalls.

Anyway, back to finishing the bocks. MD Quilter, I'm sorry to say you may get your quilt quilted by a vintage singer 201. . . but at least I know how to run that one. :-)

Yosamitesa 05-01-2014 11:16 AM

Ok ladies and gent...we had 6 swappers not check in last month. It is a new month...need updates by the 15th. I also need confirmation for each swapper that your partner has been in contact with you. Have too many that are starting to go missing.

If your quilt is done, SIT on it until both partners are done and we schedule a ship date.