Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

roseirish48 05-01-2014 05:56 PM

yeah--center is put together and starting on the corners. This mental image is slowly becoming a reality. Hoping to have on frame next week but havent a clue as to how i will quilt it. guess we shall have to wait and see.

MDQuilter 05-03-2014 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by CarolynMT (Post 6692465)
Ok ;) I got my piece "Queen's Romance" on my long arm yesterday, was all set to start quilting it this morning. Had my tea in my cup with a lid (cause cat loves to share and I dont :p ) everyone was fed and watered. Just about stepped down to get to work and the power went out :p sigh, whole city was out for like 2hrs. So I ended up folding all my tiny scraps that were long enough to ruler fold into 2.5 x 2.5 bundles (nice strips) and bagged up the others for cutting in to precut sizes.

I did get down into the long arm room today after my nap :p and I started on my partners quilt :) I will not show all the quilt, because it is a big secret, but since she just had surgery recently ;) I thought she might like a sneak peak. So here is one of the blocks quilted up, and I have to say, I am totally in love with it.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]473124[/ATTACH]

This is gorgeous! I love everything about it. You have a very lucky partner.

Originally Posted by dabbler312 (Post 6681342)
I've been busy on many projects the past few weeks and have today to finally lay out my rows and put the top together and send it out to have it quilted - jaba hope this will be okay for you - it's the growth of a quilt. I chose the Lucky Star pattern because I felt that it must be a lucky star that keeps pairing jaba and I up on swaps - I feel blessed with my on line quilty friends.

The first photo is the initial fabric selections.
The second photo shows the star pairings.
The third is a pile of 30 star blocks.
The fourth is a sample what they look like when they are nestled next to one another - only a teaser for I want the final quilt to be a surprise when she gets it.

Love your fabrics! It's going to be a great quilt!

CarolynMT 05-03-2014 12:46 PM

Ok, I was gonna post that I just took Queens Romance off my Long Arm today :p and noticed that I only put it on the frame last weekend! It stitched up rather fast considering it took 2-3hrs per row. Either it went faster than I clocked or I have no life :p Anyhow, need to trim it up, add binding and then it will be ready ;)

I really cant wait to show this off, it truly is a stunning quilt, i fell more in love with it every row! And am so happy that my partner is excited to get it :) Hope she feels like a queen when she snuggles in it!

roseirish48 05-03-2014 04:51 PM

3 corners done--4th will be done tomorrow and will also go shopping for backing. was going to go today but it must not have been my turn to do what i want.

roseirish48 05-04-2014 06:27 PM

last corner done. found some great looking backing so tomorrow morning the top will be completed, layered and put on frame. Now how was i going to quilt that?????

Gannyrosie 05-05-2014 12:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
working on HQ my partners quilt, slow and steady. I decided to use a Red thread to quilt it to bring it out some. As I go along I am stitching the middle of a block and low and behold one of the wheels in the pinwheel is turned the wrong way. I sat their in dismay trying to figure if I should try to undo the block or not. I didn't want to undo all my HQ remove it off it's frame and probably screw it up even more. So I compromised and said to myself. It'll just be unique. I went a little "out the box" with some of these blocks and I never thought I would get it done. Here's a pic of it, I know if you policed the block up close you would see it, but I think from far it'll just blend. [ATTACH=CONFIG]474583[/ATTACH]

roseirish48 05-07-2014 06:25 AM

okay,so I didnt get it on the frame on Monday like I said. It is layered and pin basted and ready to put on frame but got sidetracked by request from another quilter on Monday and yesterday-----well, lets just say that the doctor better not want me to come back in another 6 months or I may tell him where to stick his scope!

Elisabrat 05-07-2014 06:55 AM

I washed my backing for my Christmas Quilt for Tam-Moo. It bled like crazy. used two color catchers pink. dried it two color catchers pink. Now what do I do? do I wash it one more time with more color catchers/ I hear I shouldn't have dried it. Thought perhaps it might set it in place. Now I hear nope. any advice would greatly be appreciated as I need things done rapidly here. argh!!! snowy day in Cody. Light snow so that is not bad but hope it stops immediately!! like in right now! unfortunately that should last til tomorrow. good day to finish up the house. moved last weekend. taking days to get settled. still a tiny bit more to do at other place but will finish that tomorrow. one thing at a time :)

Yosamitesa 05-07-2014 06:57 AM

Can you get your hands on some retain?

Yosamitesa 05-11-2014 05:16 AM

Happy Mother's Day!!!