Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2018 Summertime Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2018-summertime-block-swap-t293166.html)

Teen 12-14-2017 03:04 PM

OM Goodness...I looked at the previous swaps pics and these quilts are so cute. The blocks are so creative. OK...I think I can do this without stressing or disappointing anyone. This will be a first for me and it sounds fun, I'm PMing now...not sure how many sets yet but you'll get the extra block for the "just in case".

Judith1005 12-14-2017 03:29 PM

Early Participant List

Judith1005
JayneW
djmat
Cuppy
Redgarnet222
NZquilter
Buddy'sMom
hav4boys
kwyltaholic
Teen

NZquilter 12-14-2017 04:11 PM

Nice! 10 participants already! I can't wait to really start working on blocks once the Christmas hubbub is done.

Judith1005 12-14-2017 06:52 PM

Welcome to the swap Teen. I think we're going to have loads of fun.

I'm still chasing ideas around in my head. I need to finish with my Churns for the Churn Dash Swap first. Then I will concentrate on my summer blocks. I need to check what fabrics I still have. I'm sure I have something fun. And, I need to pull out my old swap blocks and see what I have and think about what will make a nice addition to my quilt and to yours.

Texastam 12-14-2017 07:35 PM

I am a little confused in a set do we make the same 4 blocks or different blocks in a set?????

Judith1005 12-14-2017 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Texastam (Post 7962860)
I am a little confused in a set do we make the same 4 blocks or different blocks in a set?????

You make the same 4 blocks per set. But, different fabrics can be used if you want to make it scrappy or just use what you have on hand.

Teen 12-14-2017 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 7962838)
Welcome to the swap Teen. I think we're going to have loads of fun.

I'm still chasing ideas around in my head. I need to finish with my Churns for the Churn Dash Swap first. Then I will concentrate on my summer blocks. I need to check what fabrics I still have. I'm sure I have something fun. And, I need to pull out my old swap blocks and see what I have and think about what will make a nice addition to my quilt and to yours.

Thank you!! Looking forward to the fun and chatting. I have one block done but don't be too impressed...I happen to be working on a patriotic quilt, changed the pattern a bit and had 3 extra blocks of a paper pieced star to celebrate 4th of July for the swap. I'll post a pic tomorrow after I bake a gazillion cookies. I should be able to get 2 more done tomorrow to finish up a set. I have some other ideas but still knocking around stuff in my head...

RedGarnet222 12-16-2017 11:13 AM

I have decided to do animals and insects for the swap. I know they are always with us, but, I found a couple I think will work for our swap done in summer style and colors. Sound good?

NZquilter 12-16-2017 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 7963937)
I have decided to do animals and insects for the swap. I know they are always with us, but, I found a couple I think will work for our swap done in summer style and colors. Sound good?

I love that idea! Summer and gardening and bugs all go hand-in-hand for me!

Judith1005 12-16-2017 02:39 PM

Red, sounds good to me too. I just no they will fit right in.