Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2018 Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2018-winter-themed-12-5-block-swap-t297980.html)

frsur33 07-07-2018 11:01 AM

Hi, I am interested in joining though I am having trouble finding ideas of what type of blocks to make. Does anyone have any ideas they could share? Could it be any block with winter colors? Does it have to be winter imagery? Before I sign up I need to think if this is something I'll be able to do! Thank you!

Battle Axe 07-07-2018 03:46 PM

What I'm doing is a traditional pieced block using colors that suggest winter. My rendition of winter is blue, ice crystals. I've got the first block almost done but am having trouble getting the picture to load. I don't do applique so someone else can do that.

Maybe I can do some trees and then some trees without leaves.

Marcia

Battle Axe 07-07-2018 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597386[/ATTACH]I have one together and made some greivious errors in it. Marcia

Armylady2012 07-08-2018 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by frsur33 (Post 8089706)
Hi, I am interested in joining though I am having trouble finding ideas of what type of blocks to make. Does anyone have any ideas they could share? Could it be any block with winter colors? Does it have to be winter imagery? Before I sign up I need to think if this is something I'll be able to do! Thank you!

check out this link from last years winter themed 12.5 Block swap

https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...p-t289715.html

If the link doesn't work then just search from the home page for the announcement and then you can start from the last page and find postings of other blocks that the ladies made and hopefully that will give you some ideals.

LydiaAlicia 07-08-2018 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Armylady2012 (Post 8085873)
Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap

This is a Winter Themed Block Swap.

Think of what activities you may enjoy or participate in during the winter, think about ice skating, skiing, sledding, snowmen, mitten, stocking caps etc. Let your imagination wonder free.

Signups Begin 1 July 2018
Signups close 15 August 2018 (6 Weeks)
Deadline to have them to me (in my hands) is 7
[SUP]th[/SUP]
September 2018 (3 weeks)

I will swap them and mail them back out to you no later than 28 September 2018 (3 weeks ) If I receive all the blocks earlier then you will receive your blocks earlier also.

If I do not receive your blocks by the deadline date, I will have no choice but to swap the blocks received from the other swappers out without you.

Please make sure to read the Quilting board rules.
QB General Swap Rules:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...-a-t20154.html

The Swap is for sets of (4) Blocks. The limit is 5 sets per swapper. 20 Blocks maximum.

I will trade out all the blocks I receive. Don't forget to make a set for yourself.

Block size is 12 1/2" Sq.

The sets should be the same image/block. But, different fabrics can be used.

100 % cotton fabric must be used.

Any background Fabric can be used as long as it's appropriate for the theme.

Applique blocks must be sewn down!

Embroidery blocks whether hand sewn or machine sewn are fine also.

Mail your blocks to me in a priority flat rate envelope using stamps only on the return envelope. (Metered mail expires.) Give your package time to get to me please. Make sure to address your return envelope back to yourself. Don't forget to use the proper postage. (Thank you.) Pm me for my address when you’re ready to Mail.

Place your finished sets in one Large baggie. Make sure your board name is on each block. Please put the name on the front of the block it makes it easier for me to see the name and easier to swap them out.

Should anything come up and you need to withdraw from the swap, just let me know. Life happens sometimes.

***New***

I have a request. I am requesting that each swapper enclose One extra block in the swap theme. This block can be 6.5 or 9.5 or 12.5 inch square. This is a just in case block. In case the mail messes up and things go awry. If I need them, I will use them. I hate to disappoint anyone. If I don't need them, I will hold a drawing 2 weeks after the swap blocks have been mailed out, and whoever wins, I will send them the extra blocks. I will take care of the postage.

Now, let's share early fabric pulls, ideas, and blocks and have a little fun.

Hope to see you on our Winter Themed Block adventure.

Armylady2012

Well, good thing I checked. Thought I had signed up, but I guess I hadn't!

I'll sign up for four sets! Can't Wait!

LydiaAlicia

frsur33 07-08-2018 05:17 PM

Thank you everyone! I think I'm going to have to pass on the round. It seems like a lot of fun though and I will have to join the next one!

Armylady2012 07-09-2018 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by LydiaAlicia (Post 8090221)
Well, good thing I checked. Thought I had signed up, but I guess I hadn't!

I'll sign up for four sets! Can't Wait!

LydiaAlicia

Lydia, I have you on the list already, You PM'ed that you wanted to participate.

Armylady2012 07-09-2018 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by frsur33 (Post 8090362)
Thank you everyone! I think I'm going to have to pass on the round. It seems like a lot of fun though and I will have to join the next one!

frsur33 you will be missed but I do understand, hopefully next time.

Armylady2012 07-09-2018 08:37 AM

Updated list.

BattleAxe 5 sets
Happylab 5 sets
Suzisew 3 sets
Kwyltaholic 4 sets
Cuppy 3 sets
LydiaAlicia 4 sets

Dsenters 2 sets maybe 3 sets

LydiaAlicia 07-10-2018 05:05 AM

So I planned my block, digitized a cute snowman to applique on a square(or diamond) in a square block. Then I went to buy some fabric that would look like a winter sky and that would make a good snowman. I anticipated the usual search for the impossible dream. Well, I walked into the quilt store, glanced to the right, and there it was, an entire rack of winter themed fabric!!! I could have been out of the store in less than five minutes, but, well, I just couldn't. You know? I love days like that!