Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2019/2020 2.5" Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2019-2020-2-5-birthday-swap-t302638.html)

barbarakibler23 02-06-2019 08:42 PM

Hello everone.....Just waiting on one more person to fill our swap then I can close us.

The first persons birthday is at the beginning of March so please make sure you are getting their package ready to mail.

I cleared out a lot of PM from my mailbox so if anyone is trying to reach me feel free to send me a message. Stay warm.

Barb

Macybaby 02-07-2019 06:03 AM

I'm hoping to get some cutting done this weekenf

I figure I need 116 WOF to get them all cut, so I'll just grab 116 different fabrics and cut one width. Once I've got them cut I'll layer them in five's and cut with the stripology ruler, and that goes very fast.

I cleaned up my storage up a bit, tossed out several totes of stuff I'm not going to ever use (a lot was non-fabric stuff) and then moved totes around and got my stash room straightened out a bit more. Now I can get to the shelves without having to step over totes and fabric on the floor. I'm bad about putting fabric away properly, so it ends up in piles on the floor . . .

aborning 02-07-2019 08:11 AM

Irishmom, I also like your fussy cut fabric. Especially the elephants.

Lstew2212 02-08-2019 04:12 AM

Irishmom, I love the fussy cut squares. I would love to have all three. Thank you for taking the time to fussy cut for us.

I am so glad it's Friday. This week has been really slow at work. It doesn't help that is has been raining all week, it's keeping people indoors.

cuppy 02-08-2019 09:56 AM

I have been pressing and cutting 2.5 squares. Just love my shape cut ruler.

IrishMom 02-08-2019 01:14 PM

LStew and aboring --

The thanks go to GramE! They are her swap pieces - I was just complimenting her on her cuts!

Queenbarbiej 02-08-2019 01:24 PM

I am now up to 12 bags of birthday candies. I will get more cut this weekend.

Janice McC 02-08-2019 04:06 PM

That's a fine start! Good for you. :)

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8207526)
I am now up to 12 bags of birthday candies. I will get more cut this weekend.

Queenbarbiej 02-08-2019 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Between the birthday candies, February mug rugs, March table runner, Winter Ispy swap, 10.5" layer cake swap, February fabric post card and February pin cushions, here's a picture of my cutting area. I guess I know what I am doing tomorrow.[ATTACH=CONFIG]608193[/ATTACH]

MizMelly 02-09-2019 05:02 PM

Hello all! I have been way behind the 8 ball with the next swap. First, I have packed and moved south, and I'm trying to finish up getting my "old" home ready to go on the market. So kept thinking I had plenty of time to get organized for the next round of birthdays. Well..... I had the sewing room all unpacked and organized at the new house, or so I thought. Then the next load or two came down and it got piled sky high with fiber and yarn and other crafty things. And I ignored it while trying to sort through everything I was trying to unpack and finding places to put them.
So finally this afternoon I get caught up on all the chatter on the new thread and panicked! Yes, I knew I had plenty of fabrics for this next round and what did I do? I very carefully had packed them in with my flannels and forgot where they were. After 1.5 hours of searching high and low in the sewing room, I finally discovered them! Now I need to clear off my sewing table and start cutting! And as of today I have located the post office so now I know where to buy stamps and mail my cards. I'm going to try using 6.5 X 4.5 cards this year and hope I can keep the envelopes thin enough to not have to pay premium postage. for the past two years I've been able to keep it at the 2 oz rate of $.70, which is a real cost saver.
And I'm ashamed to say I never had time to open all my b-day cards that I received in December. Bad me, at least I know where they are!