Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

Iceblossom 09-24-2020 09:12 AM

I had a nice morning playing music and playing with fabric while the hubby slept in, have opened up the box and spread out the top to enjoy. I'm really enjoying how "planned" the scrappy looks but I think I'm going to hold off on my temptation to add a bunch of new fabrics and just stick to 3 -- but I reserve the right to go scrappy on the blue background if I change my mind.

I'm hoping this goes pretty fast and easy. I was thinking of how to do it while we were traveling so now it is just the doing. My goal now is to still be early and mail this coming Wednesday (Oct 1). That's the goal anyway!

maryb119 09-24-2020 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8420017)
Mona G, you and me too-- thinking about what center I would do for another RR.
Hav4boys, November is practically around the corner now... :-)

I would do another round robin too.

Rebaquilts 09-24-2020 10:32 AM

Mona you are too funny, I'm also on the same page, thinking about the next center! I've been so thrilled with this rr project that I cannot wait to start the next one. I can't decide whether I will start a pieced center, an embroidered lady center, a civil war theme center, a 30s theme center or...? But I'm excited for sure!! The possibilities are endless...........LOL Hugs!! https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/sewing.gif

Iceblossom 09-25-2020 03:28 AM

I have a single blue background fabric chosen from stash and in the dryer now so today I shall start cutting. The other two fabrics are ready to go.

I would certainly do another round robin in the future, it's been a lot of fun (once I stopped panicking) and not as much work/time commitment as I feared originally, and I have been able to come up with something pretty easily even though I have used none of my ideas I had gathered before starting. As usual, I've learned quite a bit about myself while quilting for others...

After our rounds end I'll be jumping into this years Bonnie Hunter Mystery on Friday after Thanksgiving, but around February I should be freed from that :)

Macybaby 09-25-2020 05:00 AM

I'm looking forward to the BH mystery this year. Last year DH and I were in the middle of a move so it was not going to work.

Iceblossom 09-26-2020 11:17 AM

Not sure if I mentioned it, I finally got my knee x-rayed after we got back, that was step one of what to do. I can manage about 1/4 mile of walking pretty well, but I need about 1/2 mile to do Costco!

Also picked up my glasses which had gone missing somewhere between ordering in the end of July and before my trip. Reordered and better for this pair of contacts than the last ones so worth the wait I guess.

Am still happily cutting away today, probably start sewing tomorrow. I am just using the 3 fabrics which is not my standard method, but I'm making it work for me and the top both, or so I hope! This is the point where I make a lot of what I think I want/need but haven't really laid it out yet so end up with too many of piece a, and not enough piece b... I have a nice little bag of leftovers from each round and am thinking of incorporating a little sampler of them on the back of my final project or maybe a little wall hanging...

sewbizgirl 09-26-2020 02:54 PM

What are you cutting, IB? A RR round or something else?

What did the knee X-ray show?

granky 09-29-2020 01:34 PM

No posts for three days???? I keep watching, but apparently all participants are suddenly busy with other things....oh well....I'll enjoy the pictures when they come......

Bugaroo 09-29-2020 04:06 PM

Granky, this round is hard for me.... ideas are not forming. This is my first Round Robin but it seems that the larger the quilt the harder to blend another row with prior ideas and theme. I have half an idea and will be practicing this weekend. Crossing my fingers!

sewbizgirl 09-29-2020 04:15 PM

Granky, this is our work time. We all got our tops and now have our heads down working. We are working on the second to the last round, and the one I have started at 60" square. That's a big round to piece! I have my idea worked out (that takes a lot of time, trial and error, etc. too) and only need the days it will take to cut and sew all the pieces on. I have one side mostly done, 3 to go! You'll be seeing pictures soon.