Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

Macybaby 11-01-2020 03:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lol Bug - I've had trouble keeping straight between the three threads too!

Since I finally got my design wall up and cleaned off, I got a better picture of TG's quilt. Now it's packed and will be sent on it's way tomorrow. Will PM tracking when it's been shipped. My quilt from Bugaroo should be showing up tomorrow.

Now I've got to get moving on Jaba's quilt. I've not even unpacked it yet.

maryb119 11-01-2020 04:12 AM

WOW!!! Love this quilt, Macybaby!!! It's my colors too!! Amazing design!!

sewbizgirl 11-01-2020 06:07 AM

The blue quilt is gorgeous! I love the outside shape.

Bugaroo 11-01-2020 06:20 AM

Macybaby, just gorgeous! The whole thing just blends so well.

travelinggramma 11-01-2020 11:31 AM

Oh MacyBaby - and all of the group 2 - my quilt is beautiful - wow - a simple swirl and it come back like this!! Thank you one and all. I can't even begin to think on quilting it.

Iceblossom 11-01-2020 01:00 PM

Group 2, sincere congratulations and virtual pats on the back for the wonderful stuff y'all are doing too :) That's just gorgeous. Travelinggramma, I understand -- I feel the same way when I look at my center and what it has become.

I'm taking a coffee break and about to go back to my borders, or at least pressing and trimming the last batch of subunits. I've gotten the math figured out (it was coincidentally perfect with the current size! lucky me), the corners figured out (but not made), one side done and most all the other subunits made and am putting them together.

The hubby has several hours planned of watching tv in the bedroom today, starting with the Seahawks and ending with bowling. Unfortunately for me that's my layout space Good for me is I have work that can be done without layout, and I'll be able to pop in and out here and there with pinning sets and such. Still on my self-imposed schedule, all piecing should be done by end of day.

It's a lovely day outside, crisp and dry. We haven't had trick and treaters for years and so didn't notice their absence. Some people did figure out ways to pass out candy and/or get it people but we just didn't even buy any "just in case".

Mona G 11-03-2020 01:38 PM

I posted a picture of my finished quilt on my Facebook page and you all are getting rave reviews of your work.

Bugaroo 11-04-2020 09:26 AM

Received my quilt back yesterday. So so pretty and much more vibrant in person. This has been a wonderful experience. Thank you everyone who has added to my Bees!

Iceblossom 11-04-2020 09:31 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Trying to put together my thoughts as we reach the end of this journey. I still need to get a better picture but here we go.I had all these glorious work before me and the crazy song in my head and finally I had the start of a concept of those stacked equalizer bars glowing in the dark on the stereo equipment, little bars of black and color going up and down... and then a couched cord sine wave over it all with no start/end that ties it all up. It was very black with blips of little colored chips here and there, with all that black the "perfect" cord would have been something like a thin rainbow woven shoelace...

I'm thinking it looks more like a sound board or synthesizer or something now and not so much an equalizer, but I still maintain that it's all about the bass!

About the fabric selections, I didn't think about it in advance but these actually came from previous rounds. Using posting names and the order of my rounds:
Rebaquilts: The hot pink butterfly I cut off a 6.5" strip and sent the rest ahead to go with her green dragonfly fabric. Later I found a fat quarter I had cut, it was a good thing because the one strip would not have been enough! We probably would have all loved to see what I could have done with an extra 2" or so inches.
Sewbizgirl: The black is the same yardage, and I'm otherwise out of any in my stash. This is a particular brand, AMB and I didn't think I could match it locally so I had to make sure I had enough. Again, if I had more or if it was a brand my local stores carried, the round would have been quite different. Just for laughs I've shown what is left of the black, one ragged end and a few 1.5" scraps.
Givio: The beige was the background of the leaves round. Rebecca likes to integrate fabrics, she has a piece of it as well to possibly use in her round for me, and then I have some left that I will be using with my "basket" blocks. The green gave me a lot of trouble, I only had a 6.5" strip left of the original, but it didn't work well with the blue or pink. A lot of greens (especially anything more avocado) didn't work well with the blue and the pink....
LeeAnn: The blue from her round, I had miscut some of my strips and I actually cut these pieces from the scraps and miscuts. The brightness of the color holds up which is good because once I was set on using fabrics from the previous rounds, the other two choices I had just would not have worked.

And finally, Mary. I decided to go with a purple ribbon to pick up the previous purples. Embellishments like this are always iffy in quilting groups, my Tuesday ladies were evenly split on the decision. The sound wave was part of my original vision, even if changed here in color and is smoother and less jumpy. I did sew it to stay, but if you hate it, I think from the top you can get a seam ripper between the zigzag and the ribbon and take it right out... I like how it is a ribbon to the confetti in LeeAnn's round and waves to the crop circle writing. And if we can't get away with a little trim in a project like this, when will the next time come up??

I did do my standard tests with the ribbon. I sewed it to some white cloth and boiled it to check dye stability (great). Washed it, dried the heck out (no shrinkage with either thread or ribbon), and pressed down with a hot iron. It survived all tests very well as well as being "sufficiently not scratchy".

maryb119 11-04-2020 09:56 AM

WOW!! I love it iceblossom!!! Thanks so much!! I can't wait until I see it in person!