Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

Macybaby 07-09-2020 09:08 AM

Bugaroo, I'm thinking of embroidering purple/dr. orange bees randomly in the blue/green squares, to match the colors of the flowers. Something more of an outline in design. The blue in the squares matches the center much better in person too.

Just noticed that at the top of the picture, there are pages with some of the other ideas I was considering.

Bugaroo 07-09-2020 10:46 AM

Macybaby, that sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

sewbizgirl 07-09-2020 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8400476)

Just noticed that at the top of the picture, there are pages with some of the other ideas I was considering.

I noticed that! I love that ring of bees...

Mona G 07-10-2020 07:00 AM

Bug and Macybaby love want you guys are working on. I'll be getting Jaba's quilt today.

carriem 07-10-2020 09:42 AM

I got TravelingGramma's center today. Mona, your round is going to be a hard one to follow! So pretty!! :) Good thing I have some time to decide....

travelinggramma 07-10-2020 11:03 AM

Carriem - I know what you mean. My mind is blank as I look at MacyBabys - so I am praying that Jaba's round on it will put a light on it. And then of course it may make it worse!! But having the extra time will help - We are way ahead of ourselves!
And remember to keep your round to a max of 6" otherwise it will get too large.

Macybaby 07-10-2020 12:26 PM

I've got the sides sewn on Bug's center, after I add the embroidery I'll trim it down. I like to make the outside blocks on the large side so I can trim and get a nice edge.

Bugaroo 07-10-2020 01:58 PM

I do the same thing Macybaby. Much better to have a little big than too small. I'm still on hold mailing until the Post Office delivers my envelopes. I have the regular paper ones but was worried the quilt may get damaged. What is everyone else using?

LeeAnn 07-10-2020 02:41 PM

Thanks Givio, the thread is awesome. I mailed my round to you today. The tracking # is 9505 5137 1232 0192 4532 83. Please post my pic as I still don't know how. Thank you so much.

Iceblossom 07-10-2020 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Bugaroo (Post 8400823)
What is everyone else using?

Because its convenient for me, I put the center in an extra large baggy and am using the flat rate priority boxes to send them to Mary. Especially since I missed the first date, I threw in a gift jellyroll apology in a mostly empty medium sized box. Originally I had packed my block to fit in a small flat rate box (VHS/Paperback sized) because I had those at home and no padded mailers, it would have easily fit in an envelope. As mentioned, I don't think any one should/would use the fabrics I sent along, but I sent a small amount of the weird background and the little blades I used in my center.

I'm replying for her (Mary) but she said her post office is usually out of the boxes and so has ordered a box of the padded envelopes, and will be using them. I think if I do further swapping, it is probably the way to go. Certainly nice to have on hand.