Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

sewbizgirl 08-13-2020 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 8409612)
Hello...an update from Iowa...we have power and I got things in the house taken care of yesterday (finishing laundry this morning), plus was able to get a few groceries and gas in a nearby town. Today I will be sewing some more blocks for my round on TG's center. Since I am 3 days behind I don't think I'll have it ready to mail Monday, but I'll be sure to keep you all updated on my progress.

Glad things are looking better in your part of Iowa. I believe your group mails at the end of each month, for receipt on the 1st, so there's no rush to mail... unless you have made other arrangements with your mailing partner.

Group 1: We are all looking forward to seeing the photos of the remaining round 2s. Is everyone on track to mail by Saturday?

maryb119 08-13-2020 10:45 AM

Group 1....I already mailed mine and LeeAnn has it. I have received the next one from Ice blossom.

Iceblossom 08-13-2020 11:12 AM

In case she isn't able to pop in, Rebecca sent me a private message that she was trying to mail out yesterday but would make it by the 15th if the 12th didn't happen. Which I said was awesome timing :)

I should be able to get my Frolic HST done today, but am going in an hour to help layout the comfort quilt project and audition a couple of potential backs. I had another moment of "oh, I better check that" and found I actually have even less to do than I thought. It's going to be fun putting this together, all the little bits already done for the most part, what I call the front-loading of the project.

Rebaquilts 08-13-2020 12:03 PM

Mail out & etc.

I mailed out mine today to IceBlossom and have already started on LeeAnn's from Sewbiz. I laid it out and got some feedback from my son and my houseguest, and decided to take their advice for part of the border and have that part almost all finished already. The difficult part is still to come though, which will take a bit to get right. Hugs all!

sewbizgirl 08-13-2020 01:12 PM

Thanks everybody, for the updates on what is where... It's pretty easy to get confused with a swap like this. Well, for me, anyway!

Hope there are no mail delays.

sewbizgirl 08-13-2020 02:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's what I've been working on while I wait for my center. A scrappy quilt using my 2" scraps I've had for years and years, and a Smudge the Tiger toy.

maryb119 08-13-2020 03:44 PM

Great idea for scraps. I can't get the lid on my scrap box but I keep trying.

Bugaroo 08-13-2020 06:09 PM

Sewbizgirl, so bright and cheery!

It looks as if everyone is coming along wonderfully with their quilts. All the creativity is so nice to look at as the quilts change. Great job!

oksewglad 08-14-2020 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 8409259)
I live in Iowa also...didn't realize there were so many of us here or with family here! I was in Cedar Rapids when the storm went through. We got to a Walmart parking lot and my 82yo MIL refused to get out and go inside!! So we sat in my vehicle getting rocked back and forth and watching things blow by!! It took me 2hrs to get home after it was over (normally 30-35min)...like Mary said CR, Marion and some of the surrounding small towns are a mess!! Thankfully we just lost some branches in the yard and a couple trees in our timber. We were just without power for a little over 24 hrs and got gas in Anamosa last night before the "rush" started on that.

I actually did a little sewing before heading to town yesterday so was able to trim those today even without power!

I've been wondering how you were faring, Carrie. Good to know you are okay. I have family in Marion and just heard that they all had tree damage, but no house or vehicle damage. All are still out of power. Another cousin found 4 generators in her local area and ran them down so they could each have power at their homes. A mess down there. Stay safe. G

LeeAnn 08-14-2020 03:48 PM

Hi Trish,
My package is on its way to you. I had my husband mail it today and he was so proud it fit in an envelope. Eeeekkkk! Just so you know it wasn't I who mailed it. LOL! The tracking # is 9505 5137 1233 0227 3900 01. I already have a plan for the next round. I hope everyone is doing well and I love seeing what you are working on. Blessings to everyone!