Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

Macybaby 09-05-2020 08:25 AM

jaba, I'd recommend looking at the free quilt patterns on equilter.com. They have a lot that use panels so there are many ideas of borders put around "pictures"

equilter

sewbizgirl 09-05-2020 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm thinking something sky-like would be pretty above the tree. Even if just in color....

I'm still plugging on my round. Here is a sneak peek that shows Givio's round and my round after it.

Mona G 09-05-2020 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8415631)
carriem, Are you asking how we added the picture that you see on the left when we write a comment? It's called an Avatar. To add one, click on the brown button with your name at the top of the page, in the header, across from the Quilting Board logo. In the drop down menu choose User Control Panel. In the left hand column of links, choose Edit Avatar.

I've not had luck the last couple of times I tried adding a new photo, not sure if I need to shrink the photo

carriem 09-05-2020 12:45 PM

Mona I had to shrink like I do when I add a pic to a post...also there are two places to add a picture. The profile picture and the avatar. The first time I changed my profile picture...have to go a little further down on the left to find avatar.

I just clicked on your name and can see a picture in your profile so it looks like maybe you did what I did initially :)

Mona G 09-05-2020 01:47 PM

Thanks. I'll try again.

maryb119 09-05-2020 03:22 PM

sewbizgirl! I love it!!!!

givio 09-05-2020 06:32 PM

SBG, Wow and double wow! Your sneak peak looks great! I like the blue, I like the white, I like the black/white print-- I was hoping you would use solid black, and you did! I'm sure the round is going to be perfect!

carriem, Glad to have helped!

Mona, Go to the post that has your top picture that you want to use. Or find the picture in my album. You can use your 'print screen' key on your keyboard to capture the picture. Then paste it (to paste it, use the control key and the v key at the same time) into the Paint program. Then use the 'crop' tool in Paint to cut off the rest of your screen, so you have only the picture of your top. The picture can't be too big if you take it that way. Save it from Paint to your hard drive. Then you upload it per previous instruction....

sewbizgirl 09-05-2020 08:10 PM

Thanks, Giv!
Mary, I'm glad you like what you see, so far. I should be able to show the whole thing, perhaps tomorrow. I tried to repeat colors and white from the center, black and white from Givio's round, and keep it looking somewhat "game-boardish". Your quilt has said "game board" to me right from the beginning. I love it. More soon...!

travelinggramma 09-06-2020 10:29 AM

Question for anyone who has done a large quilt RR (I have only done wall hanging or lap top size).
Has anyone stay stitch around before sending? With the edges sometimes having small pieces or against the grain, has anyone had any problems? Under normal situations I would probably be bringing them to quilting groups and passed around, so I am wondering for the future too!

Iceblossom 09-06-2020 10:56 AM

Travelinggramma, since I typically press open I have been trying to have solid bands of fabric to tie in my seams. If I didn't do that, I'd be stay-stitching at the 1/8" mark before sending on.

This last round with 50" long 1/2" finished fabric was really concerning to me -- it just seemed so long and unwieldy in addition to being an odd measurement in quilt terms, but since it provided float I left it a bit larger to hopefully allow Mary an easier time to fit in her border without having to resort to yet another 1/2" round.