Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2021-2022-2-5%94-birthday-swap-t313846.html)

Crispy_Frog 11-28-2021 03:13 PM

I would be thrilled to join next year's swap. Moving it to January or February is fine with me.

WMUTeach 11-28-2021 04:05 PM

Crispy_Frog, Oh, a good story for next year's Thanksgiving Contest. Tee-Hee-Hee! Love it.:)

JENNR8R 11-29-2021 04:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8520328)
I am just starting to get little hints of interest in another swap for next year. No, I am not opening it up yet, but start thinking about it... Would any one like to start in February rather than in March? Since our last birthday is in January we could move the first month back a month and stick a little closer to the traditional calendar. Your two cents has value here. :) Share your thoughts please. All in good time of course.

I'm interested in joining the swap again next year. I'd like it to start earlier too... January would be ideal for me. It's easier to remember a calendar year.

I thought I'd share a quilt that was juried into Houston this year. All of the birds were made from swap candies from previous years. My stock is getting low. I love making quilts from this swap.

NZquilter 11-29-2021 04:58 PM

My goodness, JENNR8R, your quilt is breathtakingly beautiful! It is a true piece of art. Wow!!!

ibex94 11-29-2021 05:05 PM

JENNR8R - gorgeous! The design is beautiful and the quilting is amazing! Congrats on being in the Houston show, too!

ibex94 11-29-2021 05:06 PM

Crispy -- I've been pulling my frogs as I find them in my stash just to keep them handy for the next swap. One can never have enough frogs around.

sewbizgirl 11-29-2021 05:29 PM

Jenn, the quilt is awesome! Your birds are beautiful and the quilting is outstanding! You must have gotten a blue ribbon....

JENNR8R 11-30-2021 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8522464)
Jenn, the quilt is awesome! Your birds are beautiful and the quilting is outstanding! You must have gotten a blue ribbon....

LOL! It was an "also ran," but I didn't expect a ribbon. My ultimate quilting goal was to get one juried into Houston. This one made it into the machine quilting category. That's hilarious because I hate to machine quilt! I can die a happy woman now. :)

sewbizgirl 11-30-2021 09:29 AM

I can see why it ended up in that category... the machine quilting is beautiful and meticulous.

So you made it into a 'hoity-toity' show! Kudos and congrats! Wish I could machine quilt like that.

WMUTeach 11-30-2021 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by JENNR8R (Post 8522447)

I thought I'd share a quilt that was juried into Houston this year. All of the birds were made from swap candies from previous years. My stock is getting low. I love making quilts from this swap.

Well there is no doubt that this is a winner! Wozzers, what quilting expertise!