Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2021-2022-2-5%94-birthday-swap-t313846.html)

Loveofquilts 03-11-2021 04:16 PM

Irishmom

Irishmom that is an awesome quilt top, so many pieces! I'm sure you'll have fun putting it together. :) Thank you for sharing it with us.

WMUTeach 03-11-2021 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by ahwu (Post 8467567)
Sewbizgirl, The backpack is so cute. I am with IrishMom, I am in awe of people who can sew. Quilting and sewing are not quite the same.

To get back into quilting, I have decided that I have to at least finish some UFO before I can start another project. I managed to finish two so far since last March. Now I am on my third, it needs to be quilted. I was thinking about joining the Harriet Journey on the board, but can not make up my mind.

Sewbiz the backpack is so ...perfect and professional. I am in awe with the rest. I used to make garments but gave that up with prom desses and wedding dress alterations. Not for me any longer. Just love the quilts.

AHWU - come on and join us on Harriet's Journey. If we get lost, at least we can find a friend along the way. https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/smile.png

We are a busy bunch when do we find time for our little treats?

sewbizgirl 03-11-2021 05:40 PM

Thanks Macy and Ahwu,
The backpack is a good purse size, if you made it with a more grown-up fabric. I already have a small backpack in lieu of a purse, but when it wears out I'd love one of these.

ahwu, there are so many BOM and BOWs going on this year! I am doing the Old School BOM, but there are many others.

Gotta do something between birthdays!

WMUTeach 03-14-2021 10:06 AM

Returning to my sewing room later today for a little relaxation. I want to get my version of the Color Block February quit finished. the rows are done and I just need to create and add the sashing and corner stones on about 1/2 of the rows.

What else is running under you needle last week or in your plans for next week? I have too many options! Mostly want to get the Color Block off my wall so I can move on to finish another quilt I have started. Then this.... and that... and more of this.... and some of another. You all know how this goes.

Happy "pi" day, I already ate my apple "pi" before a took a photo. Enjoy St. Patrick's day how every you wish to celebrate. I will raise a mug of tea in my Belleek Shamrock mug. And toast the Irish part of my heritage.☘️☘️☘️☘️.

Macybaby 03-14-2021 03:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got the color blocks sewing up for the March design. Decided to use up the black based candies. Not sure if I want to use black for the sashing or something else.

WMUTeach 03-14-2021 04:23 PM

Yummy, Blacks and brights. My March might show up this summer. I have plenty of blocks ready but just too many starts. I need to wrap up a couple before I start the March version. Go, go Macybaby.!

ibex94 03-15-2021 06:16 AM

I am so inspired by seeing what you all are working on! That quilt is amazing, Irishmom and the backpacks are so creative and gorgeous and usable! Sewbizgirl, is there anything you can't do with a needle and thread? Macybaby, thank you for showing those black squares. I am honestly clueless but keep looking through my google searches for candy ideas and seeing them n this board is by far the easiest way to get lots of ideas in one place. WMUTeach, I am looking forward to seeing your newest Debbie Brown creation.

No piecing or quilting is going to happen until spring cleaning is over. But I am almost there!

I missed pi day. Beware the Ides of March! And Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Have a great week everyone!

Macybaby 03-15-2021 07:12 AM

Pi Day, I forgot about that too - but I did bring in cake balls to the office today.

I did one big celebration for Pi day on 3/14/16. I made 14 pies and brought them in to the office to share. Worked out great as HR was doing some informational meetings that day, so anyone on Campus that came to the meeting in the Development building got a piece of pie. Otherwise there might have been a lot of leftover pie!

NZquilter 03-15-2021 11:20 AM

More squishy envelopes have been arriving. Thank you everyone!

02-25
Sewbizgirl

03-04
TravelingGramma
Ibex94

03-05
Loveofquilts

03-06
Gaijin
Patrick's Mom

03-08
barbarakilber23
AHWU

03-09
Crispy_Frog

03-11
IrishMom

03-12
WMUTeach
Macybaby
Hav4Boys

03-15
WendyMcD
Cuppy
Aborning

I believe only two more to make the total of 18, and my birthday isn't even until this Saturday. Wow, well done!

Patrick's Mom 03-15-2021 12:31 PM

I checked my mailbox today. My special prize has arrived. Thank you WMUTeach!