Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2021-2022-2-5%94-birthday-swap-t313846.html)

ibex94 03-27-2021 12:07 PM

I can see why these candies are addicting, SBG! Beautiful fabrics we're sharing!

sewbizgirl 03-27-2021 01:01 PM

Today the mailman brought birthday packages from AHWU, Barbara Kibbler, and Kele. Thank you, ladies! I will wait a while to open these and show you the favorites in each package when I do.

WMUTeach 03-27-2021 05:28 PM

Showing off the favorites is a nice idea, SBG. I recall someone in the past made one block from the favorites from each package. I started to do that but that was when the group was really BIG and I did not want a quilt that size. Might try it again this year when the group is smaller. I may play around mentally and come up with a good size for a 2021 Birthday Swap Memory Quilt. I don't have any of the design programs on my computer. Guess I should. Humm.

Loveofquilts 03-28-2021 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8470730)
My baby grandson, Whitaker, was born yesterday at 2 pm! Full head of blonde hair! We are over the moon...

I know I'm a bit late in saying this, but congratulations on your new grandson! He's a cutie! Haven't had a chance to get on and catch up.

Loveofquilts 03-28-2021 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by ahwu (Post 8471365)
Today, in the mail, one more package in the mailbox.
aborning
Thank you....

My fridge is 45 degrees warm. New fridge came and would not turn on....
My oven and my dishwasher both would not start and gave me the "F" message.
My car's check engine light came on.
My computer no longer recognizes my finger... OK this one is on me, my fingerprint is messed up from trying to finish hand quilting my UFO quilt.

But I have a group of quilting buddies sending me packages of yummy candies that I can not wait to do something with them... All those other things just have to sort it out with time (or wait until after my Birthday.). :)

Sewbizgirl, I am very tempted to open them too.

In my experience things seem to come in threes. It sounds like you're over that limit. I hope that means that you will be good for a while. Fingers crossed. I agree with WMUtech, when it rains it pours. One step in front of the other is just about all you can do. I'll be praying for better days for you!

sewbizgirl 03-28-2021 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Loveofquilts (Post 8471862)
I know I'm a bit late in saying this, but congratulations on your new grandson! He's a cutie! Haven't had a chance to get on and catch up.

Why thank you! I wish I could just drive over and see him but he's 14 hours away, by car.

sewbizgirl 03-29-2021 06:57 PM

Got a package of pretties from Gaijin today. Thank you, Gaijin!

ahwu 03-29-2021 08:27 PM

Thank you all. I am not dealing with any breakdown until after my Birthday. I can work around them...
Today I received two yummmy candy packages:
WendyMcD

barbarakilber23

WMUTeach 03-31-2021 02:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well my swapping friends, these are not 2.5 squares but I thought I would share them with you anyway. Bunny Bags for my grandbunnies that live close by. Filled with jelly beans and a few chocolate kisses from "Grammie". 🐇🐇🐇

NZquilter 03-31-2021 03:26 PM

Oh, those are too cute WMUTeach! Your grandkids will love them.

We will be having my in-laws over on Easter after church. I plan on making jello Easter eggs, using a mold to shape them. Then I'll be making a simple bunny shaped cake. I look forward to watching the girls have their Easter egg hunt. I love feast days!