Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2021-2022-2-5%94-birthday-swap-t313846.html)

sewbizgirl 08-05-2021 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8500402)
I went to a quilting yard sale this morning. There was so much beautiful fabric, it was hard not to buy it all! This is what I bought, plus some rulers. I think I scored! Not that my stash needs any help growing of course!

What a great haul! Lots of pretty stuff to play with.

WMUTeach 08-05-2021 06:10 PM

Such fun choices. And bargains too I bet. Rulers are always good. One of the best "helpful hints" I heard is to stop using rulers with worn corners. If you want you work to be accurate, replace them. I would love to find duplicate rulers to replace those the have those snipped off and worn corners. Good catch, NZ and happy quilting.

IrishMom 08-06-2021 07:48 AM

Wendy - life changes are hard. My oldest moved about 11 hours away and it's been rough. Her college was less than an hour down the road and I saw her and her friends a lot. Our house was the escape from college food place! I guess we just have to find the new normal!

Birthday candies going our today to TravelingGramma!

barbarakibler23 08-06-2021 03:42 PM

Thank you WMUTeach. I received my prize today. That was very exciting to open the mailbox and see that big Manila envelope sitting there with my name on it!!!!
I recieved a beautiful collection of bright charm squares and a 2.5” x 8” ruler. So awesome.
you are doing a great job taking over the swap. I am so happy that you agreed to do it. ❤️

ibex94 08-07-2021 07:07 AM

Candies heading to AZ this weekend.

I wish I had enough time to use my ruler so that the corners wear down....

WMUTeach 08-07-2021 04:18 PM

Chipped rulers.

Originally Posted by ibex94 (Post 8500760)
Candies heading to AZ this weekend.

I wish I had enough time to use my ruler so that the corners wear down....

Tee-Hee-Hee! COVID did not damage me, but it do some pretty serious damage to my 6.5 square. Cut way more than I ever cut in my years of quilting during that lock down period. .Chipped the corners of my 6 X 20 too. Ah well! I will watch for bargains and replace them all in good time.

NZquilter 08-07-2021 05:05 PM

I have to admit, I have never worn out my rulers either. Something to look forward to one day, I guess. :D

sewbizgirl 08-07-2021 06:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a progress pic of my Jacob's Ladder quilt. This is less than half of it and look at how many candy squares have found a home!

WMUTeach 08-08-2021 04:55 AM

Yeah, SBG. I saw your post in the VQW thread and was hoping to find your encouraging photo on our thread too. Lovely. I did get to make a few more blocks last week but still more to go. I am thinking I may do as you have and start laying them out and stitching together. I am anxious to see how the colors play together in at least part of the top. Not this week, but perhaps will work on it during Labor Day Week-end Virtual Quilt Weekend!!

If any of you are not familiar with VQW (Virtual Quilt Weekend), once a month one of our Quilingboard members hosts a three-day "virtual" quilting weekend. You choose what you want to work on, set aside whatever amount of time you have and quilt, cut, piece, stitch. Folks post what they hope to work on and photos of progress and accomplishments as they wish. No pressure but it sure seems to help to set aside a designated time to make progress on what ever is under your needle. The next VQW is Labor Day weekend and is four days rather than three because of the holiday. Lots of fun and encouragement between a diverse group members.

NZquilter 08-08-2021 02:10 PM

It looks beautiful, SBG! That is a lot of candies!