Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2021-2022-2-5%94-birthday-swap-t313846.html)

Loveofquilts 09-16-2021 12:44 PM

I received the last 2 packages today in the mail. So I have gotten envelopes from everyone now! Yeah! Thank you so much girls! This is so much fun. :)

WMUTeach I'm sorry that you washed your ipod, I'm sure hoping that the rice works. it has worked for me in the past.

Happy birthday to all the September birthday girls! I'm still ill with stomach issues... ugh...

sewbizgirl 09-16-2021 03:51 PM

LoQ, Glad all your packages are in, and a week before your birthday, too! Hope you are feeling better soon.

WMUTeach 09-16-2021 04:02 PM

All, thanks for the good thoughts and crossed fingers but the rice did not work. No, way, no how. So off I went to Best Buy late this afternoon. Ibex and i-Pod Touch is actually an old tech tool that now has some of the featured of a phone but I can call any one with it. I use is primarily for some of the Apple features that are better than on my android phone. Originally it was only used for listening to audio books and music downloads - an MP3 player. It is small and I can save music and books on it. I also like the maps feature. Obviously, I like it since I replaced it.

I am waiting for one more envelope. Then I will be all set.

ibex94 09-17-2021 05:10 AM

Two more arrived yesterday!! Thank you! The grandkids are getting excited about the mail, too. It is crazy how long some of the mail is taking to get to me as compared to everyone else. Today is likely the day for my last treasure to arrive. :-)

Patrick's Mom 8-24
Wendy McD 8-26
AHWU 8-27
Loveofquilts 8-28
TravelingGramma 8-28
NZquilter 8-30
Gaijin 8-31
Macybaby 9-4
Crispy_Frog 9-4
Cuppy 9-7
Kele 9-10
WMUTeach 9-10
LorMarSzon 9-11
IrishMom 9-11
Sewbizgirl 9-13
aborning 9-16
barbaraKibler23 9-16

Macybaby 09-17-2021 07:36 AM

Hi everyone - I've been out of touch for a while. I am finally getting my sewing area ready to do some sewing again! We are fully using the studio kitchen, and now that we finally have a hood/vent, I've got less cooking smells in my sewing studio than before. The air currents in the house worked so that any cooking smells from the main kitchen went right up the stairs to the studio. We've already moved the front door and installed the kitchen window, but the windows for the new bathroom and dining room are delayed, they may be here end of October but that is still a guess. At least that won't hold us up on the kitchen work. Don't know what I've shared on the remodel - we are flipping our kitchen from the back (east) side to the front (road) side of the house. this way our new French doors will look out on our garden pond and private backyard, and the small kitchen window will look out to the street. We use to have a big window on the street side, which we kept the shades pulled most of the time for privacy. Not only was it easy to see inside from the road, anyone walking to the front door would walk right past that big window to get to the door.

DH almost had a wet phone incident. Last night, right before bed he realized he didn't know where his phone was. He does not carry it around with him and he does not normally bring it into the bedroom with him, so it was kind of strange that he even missed it. Knew it was home somewhere as he had called me after getting back from shopping.

Ended up using my phone to call his, and we couldn't hear it ringing in the house, so went into the garage and I could just barely hear it. Turned out it was sitting on the back bumper of DH's truck in the driveway. He has set it there after calling me and then forgot all about it. And it rained hard for a bit last night, so it's very good he went looking for it.

ibex94 09-17-2021 04:47 PM

Macybaby, that is a huge rennovation! Congratulations on getting it wrapped up and NOT losing that phone to the rain!

All my bundles of joy have arrived. Thank you Hav4Boys! Thank you everyone! This is one exciting sewing birthday for me! I am so happy to share your birthdays, too.

Speaking of birthdays, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WMUTEACH!!

WMUTeach 09-18-2021 03:00 AM

Ta-Da all Birthday envelopes have arrived. The last one was sitting by my door when I arrived home last night. The package was looking like it had been run over by a truck! Black smudges all over it, crossed off address, new address label (same address) and more more black smudges. Any way, just it time delivery. The grand "opening" will be later today!!

NZquilter 09-18-2021 05:24 AM

Happy birthday, WMUTeach!!!Woohoo!!! Time to celebrate! Wishing you a wonderful day!

NZquilter 09-18-2021 05:27 AM

Macybaby, that renovation sounds huge! I can't imagine moving an entire kitchen or completely resizing windows and window frames. How to do make the exterior siding blend so it doesn't looks patchy when you do that? My hats off to you and your husband!

sewbizgirl 09-18-2021 09:19 AM

Happy Birthday, WMUTeach! Sounds like the post office's fancy new machines have mostly been just chewing up the mail. Have a wonderful day!

I'm off to sew little dresses. I'm trying to make some to go into the Christmas boxes our church donates to South America.