Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2023-birthday-candy-swap-2-5-squares-t319676.html)

WMUTeach 12-08-2022 06:15 AM

2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares)

It's time to sign up for the 2023, 2.5” Birthday Candy Swap!. Join our group by January 1 for a year of birthday celebrations and swapping 2.5” squares, AKA “birthday candies”. Who doesn't like to give and receive birthday presents?:)

What is a 2.5” Birthday Candy Swap?

Each participant in the swap will send a package of fifty (50) different 2.5” squares to the member(s) on that member’s birthday. On the 20th of each month, I send a Private Message (PM) with the birth date and mailing information for the upcoming month’s birthday member(s). Swappers then will mail fifty (50) 2.5” squares to that month’s birthday swap member(s). This swap is a is a year-long commitment to send each members of the group “birthday candies” on or before their birthday. This swap started about 11 years ago and has continued each year since celebrating each other's birthdays. Let's keep the swap going!j

Candy squares must be 2.5", 100% cotton fabric squares that you would be happy to put in your own quilt. Please do not resend squares from a previous birthday swap.

The cost is less than $1 per envelope. Tips and cues to mail efficiently will be posted in this thread by returning swap members and others who have been part of QB swaps early in the swapping year.

A wonderful benefit of the swap is sharing photos of quilts and projects, large and small, made of 2.5’s. These can be photos of quilts we made ourselves or photos and links to other quilts or projects that use 2.5: squares. Our eyes just seem to find ways to use these little fabric squares everywhere. [img]file:///C:/Users/linda/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/img]

Join us and then wait for your mailbox to fill with little envelopes and joyful greetings from your Birthday Swap friends on your birthday.

Steps to join in our fun:

1. I will limit our swap to the first 30 people and only addresses in the USA (for postage sake, Sorry!)

2. Send a Private Message (PM) to me, WMUTeach, with your 1.) name, 2.) address, 3.) your birthday (month and day), 4.) and your phone number. The phone information will not be shared but it allows me to contact you should it be needed.

3. Newbies (new to this swap) You need a recommendation from a past hostess or from anyone that was in a previous birthday swap before I can add you to the group. Absolutely No "Flakers" here!!! You must have swapped with or know the person giving the recommendation. Recommendations can be sent to me by PM also. We had a perfect year in 2022! No dropouts and faithful swappers all. Yeah!

4. While you are waiting for the swap to start in January, get your packages of 50 unique (All different) 2.5" candy squares ready to be mailed. I will post the total number of swappers ASAP, January 2. Previous swappers will show some of the best ways to package the squares, so they are safe in the mail and how to keep the cost of postage down to less than a dollar.

5. I will send out the birthday information immediately for any January birthday(s). After that you will receive a list of who is celebrating a birthday on the 20th of each month via PM. Have your envelopes ready so you can drop them in the mail quickly!

6. Birthday person, Post the names of those who sent you a package on our thread as they come in. I will keep track also. You can open your packages as they come arrive or wait until your birthday. It is all up to you and how long you can resist tearing open the envelopes full of beautiful surprises.

Sender, Post on the thread when you mail your birthday package. It helps me and our birthday folks know your package is “on the way”. Anticipation of an envelope in your mailbox is all part of the fun.

7. Contests will be part of the swap again this year about every other month. Answer a question, solve a puzzle or just be an active participant. Feel free to participate in the contests or not with just one rule: you must be a swapper “in good standing” to win, meaning all your packages have been arriving on time!

8. More than three "Late" packages will disqualify any one from participating in future birthday swaps. This past year, 2022, has been an excellent year for on-time birthday treats. Yeah, for us!!

Please post your questions, large or small, in this thread. Someone else probably has the same question and one of us can help you with an answer.

Looking forward to swapping with "old friends" and "new friends" too this year. Send that PM and start cutting 2.5s.

The general swap rules apply:
Rules For Swaps And Similar Activities – Updated December 2010

JENNR8R 12-08-2022 06:41 AM

Thank you WMUTeach for hosting our fun group another year!

WMUTeach 12-08-2022 06:51 AM

Here is the list to date of 2023 participants! Welcome back my friends. Looking for a dozen more. Pass the word on to others who have passion for these little darl'ins or to those who have an abundance of squares in their stash.

Crispy_Frog
Gaijin
Gannyrosie
Ibex94
JENNR8R
Kele
Logcabin82
Patrick’s Mom
WMUTeach

ibex94 12-08-2022 08:58 AM

Thank you for hosting us again, WMUTeach! I am loving trading our candies just so I can increase the variety of fabrics for my projects!

WMUTeach 12-08-2022 05:17 PM

Don't forget to subscribe to the 2023 thread.

Gannyrosie 12-12-2022 01:31 AM

Just checking in to see if I was listed. Ready for another exiting year.

Janice McC 12-12-2022 09:51 AM

Ooh, thinking about joining this year after missing the last two years. I still have thousands of candy squares so I don’t “need” to join but I might just away. It’s a fun swap!

WMUTeach 12-12-2022 05:03 PM

Janice McC, join us.... We are good at sharing ideas for how to use our collection a well as the enjoying the fun of the swap. Shoot your contact info to my via PM and join us. Love to have you back.

WMUTeach 12-14-2022 02:03 PM

Group update: bjsmith 57 is joining us. She was one of the original participants long ago and is ready to join us for the 2023
swapping year. We are now ten! Keep passing the word and posting to this thread.

Crispy_Frog
Gaijin
Gannyrosie
Ibex94
JENNR8R
Kele
Logcabin82
Patrick’s Mom
WMUTeach
bjsmith 57

bjsmith57 12-14-2022 02:51 PM

Thanks for the add...looking forward to joining the group again.

bjsmith57