Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

owlvamp 10-04-2012 11:07 AM

Beautiful ornaments. Love the snowman!

Elisabrat 10-04-2012 11:24 AM

funny the snowman spoolman was my favorite too maybe its going to roll on over here??? I got a great idea from your nativity I think I can make a couple nuns for a friend of mine, a little spin she will love it.. also going to turn one maybe into a nurse for my favorite nurse at the dialysis place red cross one .. super little ornaments.

I started mine today! just need to add buttons, beads and stitch it together and I will be done. Not much really once you get the concept down.. I sit often for a long time twiddling my thumbs and then its oh heck I can do.. still more to make more homes they need to go to. I truly like making ornaments small, fast to work on and well you get such lovely results really quick so they are rewarding too.. surely all of you feel the same way. Anastasia poor girl your going to get some tired fingers working them to the bones like that.. one more wont kill you would you like my mail to?

Anastasia 10-04-2012 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5561997)
funny the snowman spoolman was my favorite too maybe its going to roll on over here??? I got a great idea from your nativity I think I can make a couple nuns for a friend of mine, a little spin she will love it.. also going to turn one maybe into a nurse for my favorite nurse at the dialysis place red cross one .. super little ornaments.

I started mine today! just need to add buttons, beads and stitch it together and I will be done. Not much really once you get the concept down.. I sit often for a long time twiddling my thumbs and then its oh heck I can do.. still more to make more homes they need to go to. I truly like making ornaments small, fast to work on and well you get such lovely results really quick so they are rewarding too.. surely all of you feel the same way. Anastasia poor girl your going to get some tired fingers working them to the bones like that.. one more wont kill you would you like my mail to?

That's such a good idea to make all those other professions out of the one ornament :) And I already have your mail to crazy lady. Maybe you'll get my prototype hahaha.

lynnie 10-04-2012 01:12 PM

Aow, those ornis are nice, love both of them.

jaba 10-04-2012 02:35 PM

experiment

1 Attachment(s)
Okay ladies, instead of the sewing machine had to get out the jigsaw and the paint sprayer but here was my idea of the not so typical "tree" ornament? Would you be happy or unhappy with 1 of these? Please please be honest, 'cause I sure wouldn't want to send it if you didn't like it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]367559[/ATTACH]It all comes apart in 6 pieces.

brenda21 10-04-2012 03:49 PM

Jaba~I think the reindeer is adorable....I LOVE IT!!

mdall~really cute ornaments!

thomp116 10-04-2012 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5559913)
So good to see you thomp116, how is that quilt doing? I just love your steeler ornament you made me last year. So awesome it is.

I am loving the quilt...time to move it from the camper to the living room! Yeah, I love anything Steeler's as you know!

thomp116 10-04-2012 03:58 PM

Jaba.....did you want my address? Of course we'd love the reindeer!

Too cute, mdall!

The book with the nativity is probably the one book I don't have! Love the idea of making different kinds.

I made ornaments yesterday and today, but haven't decided if these will make the cut. Still have time, so we will see.

Tothill 10-04-2012 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5562319)
Okay ladies, instead of the sewing machine had to get out the jigsaw and the paint sprayer but here was my idea of the not so typical "tree" ornament? Would you be happy or unhappy with 1 of these? Please please be honest, 'cause I sure wouldn't want to send it if you didn't like it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]367559[/ATTACH]It all comes apart in 6 pieces.

It is lovely. I would love to receive the reindeer ornament. I would buy them for my little nieces and nephew too. I hope you are sending your ornament North of the border.

Tam...Moo 10-04-2012 04:21 PM

Love the reindeer!!!

That is so cute! I love it....there is a long story behind the reindeer for me (husband's uncle used to raise reindeer in Michigan) but they just make me smile and I know that the lucky recipient will treasure it for sure.

Thanks for sharing.

Tam...Moo