Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

QuilterMomma 10-09-2012 09:50 AM

Ok grann 6 where did you get your snowflakes from? I like those, they look so intricate and different than what I have.

Beeboop71 10-09-2012 10:12 AM

Oh my gosh! I just went through all the post and I love love love all the ornaments made so far! I haven't started mine but I will be making it sometime this week or maybe I will take it with me to do on my camping trip this weekend. I have to admit seeing everyone's ornaments is a bit intimidating so I hope mine will be loved as much as I love what I have seen. I will be making the ornament in my partners favorite color which is a non traditional Christmas color (don't want to give it away) so I hope she will love it! Can't wait to get it started.

sasquilter 10-09-2012 10:51 AM

Just returned from the post office, my ornament (or ornaments) are on the way. Not far to go. Should reach their new home by the end of the week. I hope she or he likes them.

grann of 6 10-09-2012 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5573485)
Ok grann 6 where did you get your snowflakes from? I like those, they look so intricate and different than what I have.

I downloaded them from somewhere. Let me check and see where I got them. They look cool without the organza too, but are much more fragile.

Okay, here are some websites. I think maybe the lace snowflakes came from www.emblibrary.com. Here is where you can find lots of machine cross-stitch. The ones I did came from Sudberry House, the website is www.machinecrossstitch.com. Also there is Vermillion Stitchery, and that site is www.vsccs.com I have done some large Santas and framed them. They make wonderful Christmas gifts. Most of the disks offer 3 sizes of each design for 14, 16, or 18 count canvas.

jaba 10-09-2012 11:29 AM

They are beautiful! Just love all the embroidery ones, I'm so envious. Got all the thread I ordered today, holy ----
think I got a little carried away, and all the stabilizer. Now to get it set up . Sent my ornaments out in the mail today. They're on the way.
Now I gotta' keep working on the ones that have been ordered so I can get them sent. They're all cut out ladies, sanded once and am starting to do the fine sanding to finish. Then paint the little faces and poly coats...Just wanted you to know I'm working on them.

quiltymom 10-09-2012 11:37 AM

Not sending mine until close to deadline makes it more fun!!!!!

QuilterMomma 10-09-2012 11:43 AM

I generally get mine from emblibrary as well. But yours look different. I will look at the other sites.

lynnie 10-09-2012 01:00 PM

They are mine, right???????
Otherwise why would you tease me by showing the whole world.
It will look perfect on my tree, ill send you a pic. Thanks

lynnie 10-09-2012 01:16 PM

Ii love all of them!!!!!!!!!! They are all perfect for my white tree, i use snowflakes, icicles, snowmen,all rhings aqqua, i have aqua glitter seahorses too.
ill be expecting all of them at my front door.
ooooohhh, the neighbors will be jealous of all MY NEW ornaments.
thankyou...all of you.

lauriejo 10-09-2012 01:24 PM

Oh they would all look at home on my tree! I have all one of a kind, and mostly handmade ornaments. They run the gamut from ornate and sparkly to primitive. Then of course I still use the ones DS made in school. I had never heard of machine cross stitch! I have been attempting cross stitch (haven't done it in years) but it is slow going. I cannot sew for hours like I used to so I have to do it in little bits. Sigh