Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

Happy Tails 10-15-2012 05:33 PM

Brenda, I am so sorry for your loss.....big hugs come to you from ME, your Canadian Friend

roseirish48 10-15-2012 08:51 PM

mailed one of my ornaments off today---would have mailed both but only had part of address so needed to rely on Brenda's help in getting full address. i apologize for my ornaments -i am not as talented in this arena as i might like to be in the artsy-craftsy field.
So sorry for your loss Brenda---what can one say? There are no words to ease the pain--to dull the ache--to fill the void. One can only go forward and let time scab over the wound left by the death of a loved one. They say it gets better in time--I'm still waiting.

Anastasia 10-16-2012 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5588053)
Do you have an embroidery machine? I don't remember ... but if you do, and you do embroidery on it, get a woodburning tool and then you can just melt the threads off the outside!

I do not.. too poor.. hehe want one just to make the thingies I see you all make. But I saw a video that showed someone using a regular machine and some type of stabilizer and just "painting" with basically FMQ inside a design. I think they did a satin stitch on the outline and then just painted around on the inside.. they were using the wash away stabilizer but I always wondered what happens when that washes away, wouldn't the threads fall or something.. so organza would solve that problem.

nattoddboyd 10-16-2012 02:38 AM

Is it to late to sign up?

grann of 6 10-16-2012 03:30 AM

Anastasia, I used to applique designs on my kids clothes way back before there were fancy embroidery machines. I used to copy a design from a coloring book, cut out the pieces and zig zag them and then "thread paint" details. You can make cute ornaments this way, just adding felt or fabric for the backing, like I did with the cross-stitch ornaments. You can also stuff them. There are just so many things that can be done with a little imagination. You really don't need a fancy machine.

thomp116 10-16-2012 02:01 PM

OK, mine are in the mail. Wanted to go to the PO yesterday, but it was pouring so bad I figured one more day wouldn't hurt!

lauriejo 10-16-2012 02:23 PM

I'm still stitching on mine. I had to take a break for a couple days. My hands are really aching, and I had to wait for the headache to pass. I love cross stitch, but had to quit because it is so hard on my hands. I thought these small projects wouldn't be a problem.

kiffie2413 10-16-2012 04:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, here are some pics of what I have made...now just to decide which ones to send to my 2 swappees...I had planned to mail out this past Monday...but decided to make a few different color combos on some...now I really do plan to "rein myself in" and get them in the mail in the next 2 days...
Kif

Tam...Moo 10-16-2012 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am the luck recipient of two beautiful snowmen - I love them Crafty Darlene. Thanks so much for making this terrific pair for me - they will be proudly displayed on my Christmas tree this year![ATTACH=CONFIG]370362[/ATTACH]

brenda21 10-16-2012 04:30 PM

Kiffie they are all just awesome!!
snowmen are really cute Tam moo