Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

Beeboop71 10-22-2012 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by queenof2802 (Post 5603736)
Thank you! I like to do just about any kind of craft project. Got started on the Christmas cards first and wanted to get them completed before starting on anything else. That can be overwelling. I tell myself I want to get so many of them done each month, but I just don't do it. Maybe this up coming year I will do it; just have to set my mind to it!

Tracey - Do you sell your Christmas cards? I just made 50 of them to sell at my first craft show this December and don't know what is the going prices at craft shows? I read on the internet they go anywhere from $2.50-$5.00 depending on the detail and size of the card. My cards measure 5x7 and have detail (bling, ribbon, stamping, etc). Anyone with any suggestions would be appreciated. Never made cards before, I was a little stumped with ideas at first but once I got started I was on a roll....lol I think they came out pretty cute.

queenof2802 10-22-2012 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Beeboop71 (Post 5603872)
Tracey - Do you sell your Christmas cards? I just made 50 of them to sell at my first craft show this December and don't know what is the going prices at craft shows? I read on the internet they go anywhere from $2.50-$5.00 depending on the detail and size of the card. My cards measure 5x7 and have detail (bling, ribbon, stamping, etc). Anyone with any suggestions would be appreciated. Never made cards before, I was a little stumped with ideas at first but once I got started I was on a roll....lol I think they came out pretty cute.

I used to sell my cards on etsy.com but it has been a while. The way I did pricing was to determine how much money I spent on supplies and doubled that for my labor. So if I spent $25 (x2) = $50. I made 8 cards then divided the $50 it cost me by the 8 cards. I would at least charge $6.25 per card before shipping or tax if applicable. Hope that helps. Good luck with your booth. :thumbup:

jacquie 10-22-2012 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hi all, here is a picture of my ornament which will hopefully be going out to it's new owner in the next few days :)
i hope she likes it!!
it's 'cathedral window'...

Beeboop71 10-22-2012 10:16 AM

Jacquie I love your ornament! Hope its coming to me. :D

wanda lou 10-22-2012 10:50 AM

I received my ornament... or I should say ornaments.. wonderful package will post pictures later.

brenda21 10-22-2012 11:32 AM

very pretty ornament Jacquie

Tam...Moo 10-22-2012 06:03 PM

Love your fabric and ornament Jacquie

Your ornament will be beautiful on a Christmas tree.

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5604315)
very pretty ornament Jacquie

owlvamp 10-22-2012 10:14 PM

Beautiful ornament! I would love it on my tree.

marytoddliz 10-22-2012 10:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello all~ I have been trying to send thank you to my Ornament sender Maryquilter, Thank You so much I love the Ornaments! I got home last night and had fun looking at the wonderful things I got while I was gone!

How did you make that Christmas ball! it is so cute! here is a picture! I also love the Pin and the Bell made from beads! wow I can't wait to put up my tree now!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]371826[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]371827[/ATTACH]

owlvamp 10-23-2012 05:28 AM

Yes would love to know how they made the ball to. Beautiful ornaments!