Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   5" Charm Theme: I-Spy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/5-charm-theme-i-spy-t299960.html)

bearisgray 10-05-2018 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by redstilettos (Post 8137850)
I have no preference if washed or not. I have some that will be, and some that are not. They are all unscented and all ironed well. So.....whatever you happen to have on hand, bear!

The Usual 'Stuff':
1. Send what you would like to receive, quality-wise. Send only 100% cotton unwashed quilting fabric. Please do not send thin or loosely woven fabrics. If it has to be starched to be acceptable, it's probably not a good fabric for this swap.

Your swap. Your rules. I just think it's a good idea to be either all washed or all unwashed.

redstilettos 10-05-2018 12:52 PM

Oh, can you tell I copied rbwieses' wording for this swap. ((embarassed look))

I guess I still don't have a preference.
Anyone?

PamelaOry 10-05-2018 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by redstilettos (Post 8138258)

Anyone?

me either. I like the flexibility of either or.

MaryMo 10-05-2018 05:41 PM

I wash all fabric coming into my house. The one time I participated in rbwieses' swap I had to buy fabric especially for her swap. If I have to do that again, I will not be participating . . . so I vote for "either/or".

Dsenters 10-05-2018 05:58 PM

Have fun this month swappers.
Even though I have hundreds of different quilt fabrics, I am lacking the ones to utilize in this months swap.
Please send me a message if You haven’t had a response from me for the November swap.
Donna Senters

PamelaOry 10-05-2018 06:06 PM

Went shopping today and loaded up on “conversational” prints. My most unusual find is probably the onion fabric...

Sleepy Hollow 10-05-2018 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by redstilettos (Post 8138258)

Anyone?

I've already got over 100 unwashed squares cut (some fussy cut). I'm good with receiving either/or, but would have to drop out of a "washed only" swap.

Macybaby 10-06-2018 06:17 AM

Hmmm, I never noticed the "unwashed" and my fabric is 100% washed as I wash it before it makes it to my fabric room.

I have no problem getting unwashed squares. I figure with just squares, it's not going to cause a lot of problems.

I have problems with scents - so the only time I'd have a problem with washed fabric is if someone does use heavily scented laundry products. I can't see where sending washed fabric would cause any problems except if they ended up scented. I'd toss a pack of scented swap fabric in the outside burning barrel ASAP - scents can trigger migraines with me, and if I get a whiff of something that I think might set one off, I don't take chances.

I think I've got enough pulled from my stash to get these cut. Most are going to be fussy cut.

Question

Should I only fussy cut so everything is still straight of grain? I have some that are larger and I'd end up cutting off part of the object unless I rotate the ruler. If that is a problem, I will set those fabrics aside.

travelinggramma 10-06-2018 07:59 AM

I am in again - I did find some fabric for I spy in my stash (can you imagine!!)
I am trying to finish some UFOs. Have four quilt tops and need to get them sandwiched and sewn as the cold weather is coming and the Child Services asked for larger quilts for the older children/teens.
Then I will attack the last month's blocks.

sunrise450 10-06-2018 09:08 AM

OK, 15 bags of 10- 5" charms each. Is this right?
Question, Is it okay to send less bags than we sign up for? Not that I am planning to do that but you never know what is going to happen.