Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   5" Charm Theme: I-Spy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/5-charm-theme-i-spy-t299960.html)

PamelaOry 10-11-2018 03:53 AM

I LOVE it! I was able to cut all my charms in such a short time last night and with no pain! I would like to amend my commitment to 12 bags rather than 15 though, as that is how many charms I can get out of a fat quarter. I’m so excited for this swap. I really had fun shopping for it. :o

Originally Posted by redstilettos (Post 8141158)
Pamela, I toyed with getting the charm cutter for my accuquilt. You'll have to let us know how you like it compared to using a rotary cutter and ruler :)

redstilettos 10-11-2018 05:04 AM

You are more than welcome to swap 12, Pamela, and I'm glad to hear the cutter helped with the pain level! No one wants to have a hobby that brings that on!

redstilettos 10-11-2018 05:09 AM

I have had a number of people contact me with concerns their fabrics were not going to pass muster, so to speak due to being washed, unwashed, cut off grain, with grain....goodness the concerns were overwhelming! It also caused me concern because some folks were considering dropping out because of it.

I do Not want these swaps to be so over-burdened with demands it causes stress. This is supposed to be a fun swap, and they typically are, but some of the questions, requests, demands, are "sucking the fun out of it" as my daughter would say. So let's make sure that doesn't happen.

You can send washed fabric. You can send Unwashed fabric. You can send fabrics cut on the grain or not on the grain. As long as the fabric is "conversational" as Pamela put it (love that term, it fits this swap perfectly!), and children or adults can "find" an item in it....it is good to go. ((I really wanted to do this in a Dr. Seuss rhyme, but just didn't have the energy or the time, LOL))

I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like my quilt board peeps are my friends and I don't want to add any stress to anyone's life, especially my friends! Let's play nice in the sandbox and when we do, I bet we will get a mountain of fun-filled fabrics that will make Everyone smile. Isn't that what life's about? Finding reasons to smile?

Of course it is!
(okay, life is also about going fabric shopping, but we can incorporate that into these swaps! How Convenient!!)

:D

Thanks for reading, my special online friends ((hugs))

sewbizgirl 10-11-2018 09:03 AM

Put my package in the mail today. Thanks, Red! Hope you get it Saturday or Monday.

moonrise 10-11-2018 02:43 PM

Please disregard my question/request about duplicates. I didn't mean to be any trouble. :(

redstilettos 10-11-2018 04:05 PM

moonrise, you were no trouble. Honest!

I'll Pm you :)

PamelaOry 10-11-2018 06:46 PM

Sent my squishy today!

Macybaby 10-12-2018 04:12 AM

It's kind of funny - in that most of us feel we'll be OK with what we get. However we are all worried that we might send out something that someone else won't care for!

I think if we all stick to "If we would be happy to get it, it's OK to send" we will be fine. My personal problem with smells is my problem, and I'll deal with it on my end so no one else needs to be concerned.

One time I bought some old sewing machine parts online, and they smelled like old sewing machine parts. The seller thought the smell was unpleasant, so they tossed a scented dryer sheet in the box to cover the normal smell.

redstilettos 10-12-2018 04:43 AM

Dale from SD your package arrived safe and sound :)

Folks, I am out of town until Sunday, so anything that comes in on Saturday will not be posted until Sunday night :)

pinkflowers 10-13-2018 06:49 AM

I mailed out my package yesterday. Red, you should receive it Monday.

I got a little carried away when cutting, so each bag has at least 10 charms each. :)