Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasia%92s-table-topper-runner-swap-closed-t211732.html)

Monstookie 02-04-2013 05:02 AM

I'm still toying with ideas and colors...waiting for partner, so I know what size they need and the colors they prefer or need. Can't wait!

stitchingpost 02-04-2013 07:42 AM

Ooookkkkk ,,today's the 4th,less than 24hrs and this swap will be CLOSED,,yeeeeehhhaaaaa

Elisabrat 02-04-2013 08:10 AM

LIz welcome to the group! and your right I messed that up doing a secret swap and well this old mare she aint what she used to be. alright make sure you tell me when you are oh so lucky to pared up with me :) surely it will be a grand old time. I am easy on my partners honest. its the hostess with the mostess we get to dog. I mean admire. and compliment and bribe and.. see if you get me I had to bribe her for you. lol..ok fine she wouldnt take a bribe. shoot. Forgot that too. I think because of all this distress and well trouble that waiting has caused us she wont make us wait until the 10th.. surely she wont. she will be efficient as always and well share the name of our partners with us!!! right away almost even.

for those who havent signed up you don't know what your missing. check this out.. five pages of goofy chat already and we havent even begun to play. This is a fun chat group and a fun swap. a double whammy for your sign up! hurry don't delay no late sign ups. HURRY JUMP ON IN!

ScrapQuilter 02-04-2013 02:02 PM

Know how you gals feel............. I too have had a bad experience with the swaps. That is one reason I have not entered many on the swaps.... kind of put a bad taste in your mouth..... when you give 100% + and don't even get 50% back. There are always those in life who are looking for something for nothing and take the fun out of life.

Well not that I have vented maybe I should give the swaps another chance....... as I do feel there are many more good things in life then negative things.

Vanogay 02-04-2013 03:13 PM

Jump in Scrap, we're a good bunch and I think everyone got their runner last time - you'd need to check with Ana on that, though.

Liz22 02-04-2013 07:00 PM

LIz welcome to the group! and your right I messed that up doing a secret swap and well this old mare she aint what she used to be. alright make sure you tell me when you are oh so lucky to pared up with me :) surely it will be a grand old time. I am easy on my partners honest. its the hostess with the mostess we get to dog. I mean admire. and compliment and bribe and.. see if you get me I had to bribe her for you. lol..ok fine she wouldnt take a bribe. shoot. Forgot that too. I think because of all this distress and well trouble that waiting has caused us she wont make us wait until the 10th.. surely she wont. she will be efficient as always and well share the name of our partners with us!!! right away almost even.

Thank you for the nice welcoming to the group! I'm sure I will have fun. Elizabrat maybe you will be my partner, since we share the same name!

Liz 22

elainelquilt 02-04-2013 08:02 PM

well i sent in my info.. hope that i make it to this group! fingers crossed!

MaryMazz 02-04-2013 08:02 PM

I am going to jump in on this one, too. Deb (Monstookie) you enlightened me when I saw you at the quilt shop on Sunday and I am going to think of the swaps as more of gift to someone I don't even know. I will take my chances and I am one that will definitely give 100% the same as you Deb.

Anastasia 02-04-2013 10:55 PM

Dont' worry.. I sic the big dogs on people who don't hold up their end. We had a good run last time. Some were late, but everyone did receive a runner (or they should have, according to my records). One way or another. Remember in this one, it says you must PM me when you're ready to ship but do NOT ship until both partners are ready to ship. That's to help eliminate that whole feeling of sending to someone who doesn't hold up their end and they got something for nothing. This way if the other person never "finishes" maybe you can be re-paired or be an angel or something like that. No one likes to get stiffed when they worked so hard on their end. But we do this for fun right? So everyone keeps telling me.. hehe

tracibug 02-04-2013 10:59 PM

I'm all over that black with chicken swap. I'd really like to do batik chickens, but maybe that'd be too much for this group quite yet.

Originally Posted by Anastasia (Post 5835939)
Heheh I did not design it but I love it. I found it at the RenFaire and brought it home.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]392941[/ATTACH]

Hmm now i kinda want to do a swap where it's kinda like a mini boom swap.. but we send each other the funky fabric for our "chicken" and they have to combine it with black for the background and any embellishments for chicken "hair".. and make a funky chicken block.. hmmm.. Or we could send each other black, and they find the funkiest fabric they have (or bright) and make a chicken...