Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasia%92s-table-topper-runner-swap-closed-t211732.html)

Vanogay 01-27-2013 02:37 PM

I ordered a machine embroidery pattern yesterday to use on my runner. I just don't know what colors I'll be using on them. You'll have to wait to see what the 'them' is, sorry!! They're big and round and float in the sky, though...

kiffie2413 01-27-2013 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5817696)
That's exactly why I like the secret partners. I would have already started so I could send it quickly. Now have to wait for color and size. Was nice when it was on the sheet, because I like to get them done. Hopefully my partner will answer quickly and know what she wants....then it's the "can I make this?" and end up with something she will like.

Oops, I thought after I pm'd our OGTRSL (Oh Great Table Runner Swap Leader..lol) and asked if we had to wait for info on our "swapee" or if we could go ahead and get started?..that it was ok to go ahead as long as the theme is "Springy"....lol...So, hopefully I will get someone who likes what I have started on...;)..or they will at least "think" they like it...haha..Since my sewing machine went "kaput" right before Christmas it put me mailing out the last table runner 3 days late, which I felt terrible about...so I think being able to work on it sooner is definitely an advantage, since "life" happens to us all.
I told Anastasia if it was a democracy, I would vote to just give out the "theme" and let everyone do what they like...I for one love being surprised, and I know I can use what I get somewhere in my house if it doesn't work in my dining room (we are so bad, we don't eat at our formal dining table unless its a holiday anyway...lol)..Maybe someone should run a "quilt for sitting and eating in front of the tv swap"! :D. I then told Anastasia that as she is the OGTRSL democracy or not is her decision!...or I could offer to send her a runner made with pastel pinwheels...bwahahaaa...but then I would probably get one made from huge paisley flowers!
Regards all,
Kif

kiffie2413 01-27-2013 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DustysMomma (Post 5817913)
Waiting for partner likes? Hmm, darn, I wasn't thinking I had to wait for that. I have a bag full of bugs and frogs and monkeys that I was going to use for this one. Dangit! Now I gotta wait. Joann had all their holiday fabrics 30-60% off when I was there yesterday. I managed to walk out without any. I did almost buy this piece of fushia duck cloth that was in the remnants bin though. Nope, left it there. Everything else was really picked over in the remnants.

Oh well, if my partner isn't into frogs, bugs, and monkeys, maybe I'll get to use the yellow remnant I didn't get to use on my mug rug. When I bought it, I looked at my friend Tracy who was with me & said "this just screams MUG RUG!" & she agreed, then I did something completely different after I got their color preferences. I did kinda use a little of one of their colors in it anyway....out of the 8 fabrics I used.

Weeeelll, I love the idea of bugs, frogs, monkeys....just saying...
K

jaba 01-27-2013 04:22 PM

I have certain ones I use but I love to change them out. 1 for Valentine's,1 for Easter, 4th of july, spring.....I don't care. I've made a wreath for the front door for each and every holiday that's on the calender and ones I just make up...change of scenery, it all works and it's awesome because someone made it for you.

kiffie2413 01-27-2013 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5818632)
I have certain ones I use but I love to change them out. 1 for Valentine's,1 for Easter, 4th of july, spring.....I don't care. I've made a wreath for the front door for each and every holiday that's on the calender and ones I just make up...change of scenery, it all works and it's awesome because someone made it for you.

Agreed! I love seasonal stuff, too...did you do the Connectingthreads.com "A Year in Stitches" wallhanging calendar holder last year? The pattern for the wallhanging was free, the 12" monthly blocks were 99 cents each...the hard part was just sending 99 cent payment...I always seemed to think I really needed something else to make it worth the order...riiiight...anyways, I have it hanging in my front foyer, and I love changing the blocks every month...
K

jaba 01-27-2013 06:56 PM

No I didn't kiffee, didn't even see it on their site really. Amazing because I buy alot of fabric from them, especially the blenders. Not too bad huh?, only a year late and a year short......:D

nancia 01-27-2013 07:24 PM

d's mom-- why do you do this to me??8-) i love frogs and bugs and monkeys. my dog's name is monkey. and my other dog's name is kitten. i had 2 boys and then a long wait for miss pretty in pink. moms of girls have no idea how fun boys are!!! there's always the next swap!!

Elisabrat 01-27-2013 07:40 PM

I think spring so if you doing spring you would be good as gold with me. if your doing Christmas dont tell anastasia but I am good with that. and april showers somehow would be good with that and especially may flowers and i am fine. I think I am good with that is what I am saying. seasonal or holiday and I win the big grand prize.

You? I am telling you went peaked again those flying pink pigs on black fabric super cute if you love pigs. I have this flowered fabric that is flowers but to me summer big sunflowers very yellow and red .. if you dont want spring flowers but flowers ana probably wont be able to wet noodle me.. um.. bright easter eggs? pastel easter eggs..ginham, civil war blue and rust.. oh oh get your thinking cap on what will you want ? and there is still tons of suprise guys if you say pigs or flowers or eggs you have no idea what I will do and this round.. no pinwheels unless you love them. I love pinwheels but think I will go with my second favorite block. wonder what that is?

Anastasia 01-27-2013 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5818409)
I ordered a machine embroidery pattern yesterday to use on my runner. I just don't know what colors I'll be using on them. You'll have to wait to see what the 'them' is, sorry!! They're big and round and float in the sky, though...

Alien spaceships? Awesome!

stitchingpost 01-27-2013 10:37 PM

HORSES,,,,HORSES,,did some one say HORSES,,ohhhhhh I love horses,,that would go good in my front room,,,,purple or lavender,and yellow in kitchen,, but than yet my moms kitchen is in black and red cause she loves ROOSTERS so go for it rooster or horses, or my kitchen take your pick lol no pressure ,,,lol