Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

Elisabrat 11-18-2012 05:55 AM

Loupesprit that looks like a snowman to me hum.. you had me going for half minute could not figure it out at all what tha orange was for .. love this guessing game. and Jaba lets see a rock slide? that bottom multi and all those others a winter rock and snow quilt! hey wait a minute! that looks awfully close to being a tie die your pulling in your pile there..
ok for the record Jan does not have a tie die livingroom. that should helpwhen picking her fabric. She does however have moose, bear and deer heads lining the fireplace wall. big heads. Antler chandeleers too. it works in her local. Actually it works here in the mountains too. I have a squirrel skull on my bookshelf next to a rattlesnake skin compliments of my hubby who happened to think I would LOVE them when he found them. Wonderous! how.. sweet? argh I am keeping him inside from now on.

Tam...Moo 11-18-2012 06:30 AM

I thought my life was crazy but I stand corrected....you ladies have so much going on and so many irons in the fire....best luck in your new jobs, congrats to those who are retired..you worked hard to get there and for all of us in between who just try to go with the flow. I love just about every color except orange and will love what ever special table runner you make for me. Looking forward to getting to know you all better through this swap.

nancia 11-18-2012 07:02 AM

My only table is my cutting table. I hang my runners on the wall! My partner is someone i have not traded with before.

dabbler312 11-18-2012 07:03 AM

Jaba - love the variety of blue fabric choices - reminds me of glistening snowflakes or iceicles hanging from a roof - oh the ideas for winter are endless.

LoupEsprit - looks like the makings of a fun snowman - it reminds me of when my neice and nephew spent a late winter afternoon with me years ago and we went out and created this beautiful snowman, we got a little crazy when we couldn't find a proper hat for him so I cut the top from a fresh pineapple and we created a tropical snowman - oh we laughed and carried on like he was the best snowman ever.

Elisabrat - next time you have a little too much of the same old same old icecream pick up a bottle of cream soda and make a float - pumpkin and vanilla cream - my favorite is vanilla and orange crush - tastes just like a tastey treat from DQ.

Quercus Rubra 11-18-2012 07:53 AM

Thank You for my name Ana.... I'm excited and have started to mull over some ideas.

Heee heeee Mine has an interesting theme and I'm looking forward to really give this a serious consideration.

Ohh ice cream.... I currently have some that is a Blue Bunny Limited Edition from Duff of Ace of Cakes. It's Strawberries are Forever Shortcake. Yummmm

Here ya go Brat.... my colors are like "country" . As in Hunter greens, Dark blues and Cranberry/Wine Reds. And the theme is Cabin.... think Man-ly... like Deer, Loons, Mooses, Cabins.... etc. I'm not what you would call really "girly" lol. Not sure how that would work for a "Winter" theme. Unless you find critter tracks in the snow. :D

Toodles,
Trica

jaba 11-18-2012 08:16 AM

That's exactly what it is dabbler312, winter mountains, critter tracks in the snow, cold winter night sky with sparkly silver stars all swirling around....
Floats, that brought back a wonderful memory of my mother. She'd go to Billings shopping and they had an A & W in one of the little towns, she always had to stop and get a root beer float! She loved them. Thanks for bringing that nice thought back to me this morning.

LoupEsprit 11-18-2012 09:03 AM

Hehe... nope, no snowmen (or snow-women for that matter :D) ! There is one fabric missing from that pile that was being pre-washed.

I will say I was so totally stumped when I got my pal and their preferences and hints, that I thought there was NO WAY I could do anything other than something 'generic'. BUT (I think) I found the perfect pattern, and was so pleased with my fabrics that I was all but skipping to the car with them! Now to put away last night's project and get started!!

travelinggramma 11-18-2012 12:17 PM

Root Beer Floats - Love them. We got our grandchildren hooked on them - and that is their special treat when we are together!!

dabbler312 11-18-2012 02:08 PM

snowfolks

1 Attachment(s)
Just a quick stop to say "Hey"

I created these snowfolks back in 2002 for friends and family - it would be so easy to recreate them and put them on a runner -

immemother 11-18-2012 02:34 PM

Well my runner will be heading north of me (bwhahaha everything is north of here, well except Antartica, but she doesnt live down there).

While we do get cold down here during winter, where i am it doesnt snow, but boy does it rain, so i am going with that. A rain soaked table runner.