Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

buslady 11-19-2012 11:45 AM

OOPS!! Wrong swap! Oh, well, my rantings fit in most anywhere!!

Anastasia 11-19-2012 11:52 AM

Onalee that sounds like a great day. THat's how my family holidays all were growing up. We had an entire closet full of board/card games and we played them daily. On holidays generally the adults would play card games and the kids would run around like lunatics playing whatever imaginary game. I usually hung out with the adults instead. I still prefer people older than me to hang out with. I however don't prefer card games.. haha. I like the other ones. I have been asking for board games to rebuild that stash for the last several gift giving holidays.. haven't gotten one yet.. dangit! haha. ohwell.

You all sound like you're having fun. I'm just trying to stay sane until after thanksgiving. too much to do with my house to do any sewing. glad I just have 3 days in a row. I have a serious case of the mondays today. Slept in my own bed for the first time in.. a very very very long time.. that helped a little.

LoupEsprit 11-19-2012 12:23 PM

Tracibug - Great idea! Here's mine:

I was born and raised in Arizona, and I've never lived anywhere else, same for my husband. In my 'adult life' (hehe) I've never been that much into Christmas. Halloween is my favorite holiday!

Our home decor tends to vary by room, and is nowhere near completed. The living room is neutrals/browns with some safari themed pictures on the walls, and some egyptian stuff thrown in. The kitchen is coffee-themed (I *love* my coffee!), so same colors for the most part there. I like blues/whites/silvers in the winter, and red/black/blue the rest of the year. I also collect skulls and pelts and keep them on my bookshelf with my abundance of books that nobody but me is allowed to touch. :)

We have an overfull house consisting of myself, my husband, our 4-year-old son, my 88-year-old great-grandmother, a roommate, and our pets. The animals are: 4 large dogs, a cat, a macaw, an iguana, a python, and 3 fish. We train two of the dogs (both Belgian Malinois) for French Ringsport and Personal Protection.

nancia 11-19-2012 01:14 PM

loupE, it doesn't sound like you have room for a table runner!lol. what a busy home and life you have!! mine is just the opposite now. i do have 2 dogs and 2 cats, but all the exotics were for the kids' benefit, so no more. i'm retired/disabled and my dh is still working. we have one 'child' in london working on his master's degree, and 2 in tx with my dgd. we have decorated the house in 'late-i'll pick it up, later' style. i'm taking over the living room since i have overflowed the dining room. more stuff to find other homes for! i have a shopping addiction and it's not only fabric! i collect 18" dolls, their clothes and activities. just found a boy! that would be my 2nd. they are few and far between. so far we have trained our cocker spaniels to sit and wait for 'ok' to accept food. they do know their names and are pretty good at coming when they are called, but that's all their training. they are useless at protection. kitten barks at anything and nothing, and monkey doesn't like to bark at all. she makes up for it by snoring and gassing us as she sleeps. the only company we have is family and they can either live with it or pick it up. my house, my rules, lol. gravity-- not just a good idea, it's the LAW. lol my only table is my cutting table and it is covered with fabric, etc. i like to hang dq's and table runners, and wall hangings (for sure!) my mom passed last december but she was not living with us (saints be praised!) she was always a difficult person). i'm sure i will miss her this holiday season, just because.
keep your head up, your chin down, and you'll be fine! would love to see a pic of that 4yr old! taught and ran pre-school for years. sometimes i miss it!

TheMamaHauser 11-19-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5667313)
Guess that means you don't want me a your doorstep, Okay I'll just pout for a little bit and then go snoop on the net. I'll tell Diane you wouldn't let me come in person:) Think I'll just go sew for awhile, don't want to dust and to lazy to put the tree up.

No, they're calling for blizzard #2 starting Thursday night. You're welcome to come hang out, but we won't be here.

jaba 11-19-2012 01:24 PM

Not here buslady, think that's why I'm having such a hard time with it. Kids are suppose to come home Thanksgiving and they can't come back for Christmas, so they want to kind of have our Christmas then, less the unwrapping presents. I told them NO WAY on that one. Hubby has got the house all decorated on the outside and I'm not so sure that's not going to work. Christmas on the outside, Thanksgiving inside. Usually don't put the tree up until mid December. Just haven't been able to convince myself yet

LoupEsprit 11-19-2012 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nancia - my great-grandparents raised me, but my great-grandmother and I have never exactly 'clicked'. It was my great-grandfather that was my favorite person in the world, and since his passing in 2007, she has gotten more and more difficult... and did I mention she hates my husband? She only moved in 2 weeks ago, and I'm ready to drink myself into a coma some nights... should be fun! ::sarcastic crazy smile::

This is my rugrat, Xander. As onerey as he can be, he always makes my day in the end. :) [ATTACH=CONFIG]377607[/ATTACH]

DustysMomma 11-19-2012 01:54 PM

OK, I'll play too. Our house is mostly done in blacks, dark browns, and stainless steel with flashes of color here & there. I call it the bachelor pad that accidentally had a family. When my boyfriend and I started dating, he was just building the house and picking out the furniture & appliances. Of course, because I was the "new girlfriend" his best friend's wife did post of the picking out of everything with him. Less than a year after he moved in, I moved in with him, then 6 months later my son decided to come back to live with me (long story). We're pretty minimalist, and even though the house is over 6 years old, the only thing hung on the walls is the big mirror by the front door. Luckily he likes bright colors, so long as they go with black, so we have things like neon orange bed sheets, red/green/purple/mustard yellow/blue/black placemats that I can only describe as maybe African or Aboriginal inspired, and a stained glass Auburn University fireplace cover. Our dining room table, which he brought with him when he moved here from Denmark 10 years ago, is currently natural colored, but we have plans to eventually stain it black, because all things furniture should be black when you're a minimalist, right? He's a cat person and I'm a dog person, so we have no pets, but when we finally get around to getting married, he wants to start raising kids again (my son turned 20 today). I currently don't have a sewing room, but I'm trying to talk him into letting me have half the quest room. Unless some of his family visits, we may have company overnight twice a year, so I think it should go to good use! :D

I bought my fabrics today. I sat down this morning and drew out what I wanted to do, then I got to Hobby Lobby and all my plans went out the window. I'm contemplating going back for a little piece of this one fabric I saw though, to make a snowglobe effect. If it doesn't make it onto this project, I'll be doing it soon on something else.

I also bought a little fat quarter bundle of fabrics that remind me of Hawaii that I'm going to use to make mug rugs for the ladies in my boyfriend's office. I've been trying to think of something different for one of them though, since she's retiring at the end of December, and resisting the urge to make her an Auburn lap quilt. I think I must do that for my boyfriend's mother though. Maybe next year.

marytoddliz 11-19-2012 03:47 PM

I have a question for everyone! What name do you want me to put on this label, do you want your "Real name" or your Board name?

I guess I could just make one up for you, I do that a lot any way!

Today has been a sewing marathon! both machines humming right along, and the lap top next to the sewing machine!

We are heading out in the morning, gotta go finish painting... Hubby's Birthday is today too! He is happy with his Computer and his beer! Tomorrow back to work!

QuilterMomma 11-19-2012 04:41 PM

I generally put both names on my labels.