Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-2012-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-midnight-est-march-30-a-t183441.html)

sweetwaterquilter 03-29-2012 03:31 PM

I started my april quilt today and already I have a question. I know that white isn't considered a color and I have two colors besides white. If I need to use a touch of black is that okay? This is my first time in the Doll Quilt swap so I want to do it right. I'm hoping that the two colors plus the little bit of black will be okay.

Gail

Krystyna 03-29-2012 03:34 PM

Gail, don't sweat the black and white stuff. Not even the grays. We're not sticklers here. If you like it ... your partner will LOVE it.

Krisb 03-29-2012 04:04 PM

Mine for April is pieced and basted. And everything was from my stash. :thumbup: Hope to finish by tomorrow night. Grimm will be perfect for sewing down the binding, dontcha think? Unless I get totally distracted by the men hauling in the new kitchen cabinets. Must have really missed the swap, because I am a terrible procrastinator.

Donna H-M 03-29-2012 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Krisb (Post 5100563)
Mine for April is pieced and basted. And everything was from my stash. :thumbup: Hope to finish by tomorrow night. Grimm will be perfect for sewing down the binding, dontcha think? Unless I get totally distracted by the men hauling in the new kitchen cabinets. Must have really missed the swap, because I am a terrible procrastinator.

That's a great time, Grimm is one of my favorites :) Got some fabrics together but haven't decided on design yet.

Krystyna 03-30-2012 05:23 AM

Just a few more hours to sign up. Drag your board buddies over! At the moment I need one more international swapper.

rwquilts 03-30-2012 05:29 AM

You guys are putting me to shame! I am on vacation and all this talk of working ahead for April and quilts finished is making feel like I'm really slowwwww!!!!! LOL! I will be home for one week in April and plan on knocking my April quilt out then and getting it in the mail to whomever my swap partner is. I have started it...it's pretty lonely on my design wall right now, but will cheer up when I get back home.

MdmSew'n'Sew 03-30-2012 07:00 AM

Okay, I'm in - have LindaC's March quilt ready to mail at lunch today, so can now sign up for April with a clear conscience. I already have the fabric and design, it will be easier than the first two I made, I hope. Just hope you pair me with someone who likes bright colors, there's not a neutral bone in my body!

Krystyna 03-30-2012 07:30 AM

MDM, wish I had paired you with myself! But ... nope!
OK. We have an even number now. Wish I could send out partners immediately ... but the deadline is midnight!

tildiemae 03-30-2012 08:11 AM

I'd like to join again. My first time was last month and it was alot of fun and such a nice way to meet extraordinary people!

Krystyna 03-30-2012 08:19 AM

Fabulous, Tildiemae. I don't recall. Are you in the USA?