Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-2012-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-midnight-est-march-30-a-t183441.html)

Donna H-M 04-26-2012 03:47 PM

Quilt Aunt Janey Recieved From Me

2 Attachment(s)
This is the quilt I made for Aunt Janey. She told me she likes bright fabrics. I enjoyed making it for her along with the covered steno pad. She's a busy lady and thought it might come in handy. She doesn't have a camera right now and asked me to post for her.

Dragonfly Nana 04-26-2012 03:47 PM

Lovely colors in the Carpenters wheel and those Quilting Birds are too darn cute!

Dragonfly Nana 04-26-2012 03:48 PM

ooh Donna - Love the bright flowers

Dragonfly Nana 04-26-2012 03:50 PM

Tulip, didn't mean to leave you out:o very clever alternating 9P in that lovely red.

Crazy Quiltin Robin 04-26-2012 04:29 PM

Have we started signing up for May yet?

rwquilts 04-26-2012 05:14 PM

Donna H-M and Aunt Janey, your quilts are so pretty! You both did a terrific job! :)

marscrafter 04-26-2012 07:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My swap partner was Oralee.

I recieved my Doll quilt in the mail today and had to post some pictures of it. :-) I love the pattern and the colors she chose, the pictures don't do her work justice. I'm planning on making a wall in my house full of doll quilts, so I'm excited to hang hers up. I really like all the quilts posted so far, great work everyone.

Aunt Janey 04-26-2012 07:45 PM

Thanks everyone for all the kind remarks regarding my doll quilt I sent to Donna H-M. This was the first time I have made a carpenter's wheel. I really enjoyed making it and am so glad Donna liked it. Krystyna thank you for the feedback and for hosting this swap.
I would like to thank stitchinbee from Tennessee. She posted the carpenter's wheel/star pattern back on 9/12/2011. she gave the pattern but left the sizing up to who ever used it. I made my blocks 3 inches unfinished. There were a lot of 1/2 square triangles. I will make this pattern again but probably not this small.
Most of all I want to thank Donna H-M for the beautiful doll quilt and the covered note book. (She even included a pen that matched the flowered print in the DQ). It was fun being your partner.
Janey

Tulip 04-27-2012 03:40 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind words.:o

Aunt Janey, absolutely love the capenters wheel! That's on my to do list, I will hunt up the post referenced.
Donna, what a happy springy quilt, love that Steno cover, will be making some of those for my friends at the quilting group.
Oralee, what a lovely choice of fabric for the pinwheels, they really gave them movement.

Going to try and work on my May DQ this weekend. If I can make progress, I will sign up prior to the 30th.
Thanks Krystyna for hosting another great swap!

Krystyna 04-27-2012 04:00 AM

Oralee, what a lovely springtime quilt. So pretty!
And thanks to everyone for making this swap so much fun! :thumbup: