Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April Quilted Post Card (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-quilted-post-card-t310181.html)

Boop56 03-16-2020 07:02 PM

April Quilted Post Card

April Quilted Post Card will be maker's choice of * April 3rd - Find the Rainbow. So anything Rainbow related or using the Rainbow colors **-Or-** April 19th National Marble Day. So anything related to marbles or marbled fabric.
You will be making One fabric postcard.
This swap is open to all levels of sewing.
*Please post pictures of postcards you receive.
* Cards must measure approx 4" × 6"
* Must be predominantly sewed and/or quilted. Embroidery by hand or machine is also welcome.
* Must have some type of finished edge.
* There are tutorials on YouTube if you need some references.
* Pinterest has many good ideas if you need some inspiration to kick off your creative juices. *If you can take a picture of you postcard before you send it, it would be appreciated. That way if your partner cannot post a picture for some reason, then you can post it. We all love looking at each other's work.
* Note: We will only be sending postcards due to the price of postage. Please let me know if you can send internationally. It costs around $1.15.
Partner's names will be assigned April 3rd.
If you are mailing International, please mail by April 10th.
All other please mail by April 20th.
Please let me know if you could do another postcard if we have an odd number or if someone signs up late.
>llllllll<
Next few months:
*May -- April showers brings May flowers so send your State flower.
*June -- Anything you want to make using your favorite color(s).
*July -- Makers choice July 4th Anything Red/White/Blue **Or** July 20th National Moon Day *August -- Your interpretation of Sunshine or Moonbeams
*September -- Makers choice of September 3rd - National Skyscraper Day *Or* September 9th - National Teddy Bear Day
*October -- Black Cat(s)
*November -- Leaves
*December. -- Christmas Trees
This way you can get ahead when you have time and it leaves you time for other projects. Watch for sign ups for these in their proper months. Thanks Everyone

Boop56 03-16-2020 10:01 PM

💦💐🌻🌺🥀🌹🏵🌼💮🌸💦
J50
m-fay
Boop56

cuppy 03-18-2020 03:23 AM

count me in for April swap.

cuppy 03-18-2020 03:25 AM

I will be mailing from my mail box , 2 stamps will get it their for sure!

juliasb 03-18-2020 08:50 AM

Count me in for this one. I am getting back on my feet quickly and besides like everyone else I am homebound except to the doctor.

Boop56 03-23-2020 09:03 AM

Hi everyone. I hope you are doing fine. So far, we are well.Please take all precautions to Stay safe. I am trying to fin 1/4 inch elastic. My husband works for the city and in janitorial for city parks and our lakefront. He has been on vacation but goes back Thursday, so I have been scrambling. He will be 65 and has copd and of course us living in Florida, he deals with a lot of homeless people. They wash their bodies and clothes in the restrooms. He finds a lot of beer cans and needles. It is really scary. Peace and light to you all.

Boop56 03-23-2020 11:54 AM

Swap so far
J50
m-fay
Boop56
Cuppy
juliasb
R-sea

cuppy 03-27-2020 12:08 PM

I bought wide elastic and split it. hardly no ravel. you can also zigzag.

I received a lucky fabric post card from you Thank you!!! Carolyn

Boop56 03-31-2020 09:06 PM

J50
Boop56
Cuppy
juliasb
R-sea
💐🌻🌺🌻💐🌻🌺🌻💐🌻🌺🌻💐🌻🌺🌻💐
This is the revised list. M-fay dropped for this month because she is tied down to do the quarantine. I made masks for my daughters 3 stores employees. I have been working on a lot to send to southern Florida for a friend who is a nurse. I will post names in a couple days. See ya soon.

R-sea 04-01-2020 01:39 AM

Here in Western Australia we are not allowed to leave our shire boundries . I can walk to my local post office but M-fay who does not have a local post office can't go to another shire to find a post office . Is this happening in USA as well?