Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-secret-pal-swap-closes-march-30th-noon-t183684.html)

Quilty-Louise 04-14-2012 08:50 AM

Shesh I just realized than I need to take spelling lessons
again I think seeing as how I didn't spell Fiji properly.

Guess I should have had more coffee before trying to
type today.

quiltnut4ever 04-14-2012 09:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I received my SP package today from Jan Rutherford and I cannot tell you how I was blown away! I received a wonderful tote with the liner in vinyl (great for the beach!), coasters, lip balm, bunny socks, crocheted coasters, magnet, my first mug rug :) fabric, seam ripper, wrist band, book, bunny basket, Fruit Bites from WA! Also Udderly smooth cream and the best of all that I found amusing but awesome: a Panda measuring tape! You pull on the ear and its a measuring tape! How awesome is that?! Jan you did a wonderful job on everything I am grateful for all of it! Thank you sew much!

lawsonmugs 04-14-2012 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever (Post 5140372)
I received my SP package today from Jan Rutherford and I cannot tell you how I was blown away! I received a wonderful tote with the liner in vinyl (great for the beach!), coasters, lip balm, bunny socks, crocheted coasters, magnet, my first mug rug :) fabric, seam ripper, wrist band, book, bunny basket, Fruit Bites from WA! Also Udderly smooth cream and the best of all that I found amusing but awesome: a Panda measuring tape! You pull on the ear and its a measuring tape! How awesome is that?! Jan you did a wonderful job on everything I am grateful for all of it! Thank you sew much!

How cute is that. I love your canisters too.

reeskylr 04-14-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by nurse bonnie (Post 5139404)
OMGosh, I will be at the post office door tomorrow morning cuz I did not get a package or a notice. I think they have a death wish there. I guess they don't realize that they should NOT come between us and our sp packages!! I will be you know when I pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know.

Ok, your Post Office needs to be smacked. I hope you got the box and they didn't go hide it somewhere! lol

Havplenty 04-14-2012 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5140204)
Thanks everyone I am excited about the possible
cruise to Alaska.
Of course I have never been on a cruise or outside
the "United States" so I know nothing about any of t
his.

My "dream" vacation is to visit Figi, don't know why but
I do.

Of course I keep thinking about not having my "comfort"
things near me while I am on the cruise. Things like, my
fabric, sewing machines, scissors, etc. I AM taking my laptop
so that I can at least "design" some quilts in EQ7 maybe that
will sustain me a little bit while gone.

Maybe I will find some fabric shops; what do you think?

louise there are so many things to do on a cruise that the least thing i would worry about is something to do and it depends on how many ports you will visit will crusing. i have never seen fabric shops in port cities nor have i looked for any when visiting the cities. i am usually on excursions to see what's to discover in that place. once you know what cruise line you will be traveling on, you can go to their website and find out about the excursions they have in each port stop so that you can plan what you want to do.

on the sail days (no port stops) you do things on the ship like revue shows, eat, bingo, eat, movies on deck, eat, lounge shows, eat, art auctions, eat, talent shows, eat, etc. did i say eat? you can sun bathe on the side of the ship or read a book or play games, or swim dip in the pools, or sip the drinks with the umbrellas while you relax in the cool breeze. with the alaskan cruise you will be viewing all sorts of glaciers and marine life. hopefully you will not be thinking about quilting. just be prepared to enjoy yourself. oh and be sure to take some clothing that is comfortable and expandable.:D

as for fiji, i wanna go also. i have been fascinated with the south pacific and i definately want to visit there and bora bora. it's all on my bucket list.:thumbup:

Havplenty 04-14-2012 10:21 AM

FYI --- my secret pal swap packages were mailed today so my pals should be receiving them soon.:thumbup:

Quilty-Louise 04-14-2012 10:37 AM

HAHAHA well I have enough trouble with eating, it is one of
the reasons my diabetes gets a little out of whack now and
then (like right now) so it is a constant battle for me to be
"good" on the BEST of days, I can only imagine what it is going
to be like on a cruise. Better make sure I have plenty of insulin,
quick set infusions, reservoirs, and batteries for the pump.

Me not think about quilting? I find that nearly impossible to
imagine, I DREAM about quilting. I have hundreds of fantastic
quilts designed in my dreams, to bad I can't remember them
when I am awake.

I LOVE these sp swaps so much that I am "planning " ahead
already for July and making a few things so that I can mail
out ahead of time (providing I have a name at that the time).

Ummm can you say I am "addicted" to the secret pal swaps?

No sign of any packages for me yet. But there is still time.

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 5140522)
louise there are so many things to do on a cruise that the least thing i would worry about is something to do and it depends on how many ports you will visit will crusing. i have never seen fabric shops in port cities nor have i looked for any when visiting the cities. i am usually on excursions to see what's to discover in that place. once you know what cruise line you will be traveling on, you can go to their website and find out about the excursions they have in each port stop so that you can plan what you want to do.

on the sail days (no port stops) you do things on the ship like revue shows, eat, bingo, eat, movies on deck, eat, lounge shows, eat, art auctions, eat, talent shows, eat, etc. did i say eat? you can sun bathe on the side of the ship or read a book or play games, or swim dip in the pools, or sip the drinks with the umbrellas while you relax in the cool breeze. with the alaskan cruise you will be viewing all sorts of glaciers and marine life. hopefully you will not be thinking about quilting. just be prepared to enjoy yourself. oh and be sure to take some clothing that is comfortable and expandable.:D

as for fiji, i wanna go also. i have been fascinated with the south pacific and i definately want to visit there and bora bora. it's all on my bucket list.:thumbup:

quiltnut4ever 04-14-2012 11:39 AM

Lawsonmugs,
Canisters not included lol! Thank you though I got them at Kmart a yr. ago on clearance. Its hard to find ceramic canisters lately and when I saw them in my color and style I had to get them, all 3 for $10!

reeskylr 04-14-2012 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever (Post 5140681)
Lawsonmugs,
Canisters not included lol! Thank you though I got them at Kmart a yr. ago on clearance. Its hard to find ceramic canisters lately and when I saw them in my color and style I had to get them, all 3 for $10!

Yeah they are really pretty and that Panda is the cutest thing. :)

quiltnut4ever 04-14-2012 11:46 AM

reekskylr, it is the most adorable thing I've ever seen and already used it today!