Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-2013-secret-pal-swap-closes-july-31st-4pm-t226391.html)

catjo 08-05-2013 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon (Post 6217097)
Hi Ladies - I'm going to be going on a trip in December - Are there any SP's (or other quilters on the board you'd like to introduce me to) that would possibly want to meet up that are in NJ, NY, or Germany (Bavaria, Munich, Oberammergau areas)? I made the last payment so now I can tell exactly where. I'm Flying out of NYC on Dec 7 to Germany/Austria with Bonnie Hunter on her Sew many Places Castles and Christmas Markets Tour! I fly back on the ... 16th I think and will spend a day or two with Dad's family in NJ, and at least a day in NYC with my boss and her family, and would love to meet any quiltboarders that are close!

Oh this sounds like so much fun. I would of loved to do this. Have to post a lot of pictures when you get back.

catjo 08-05-2013 05:55 PM

Here is another clue for my sp: Has fur babies, but you could say she has a lot of animals.

Crafty Darlene 08-06-2013 04:36 AM

Good Morning' ya'll! haven't been on since I signed up. Drove my DGD home to Ohio 12 1/2 hrs almost there & got a call my sweet Aunt my Moms only sister passed away. So spent the night & then we drove 6 1/2 hrs back down to Chattanooga, Tn needless to say I'm tired of driving! Then of course back to Ohio. Yesterday was our 35th Anniversary & our sons 28th bday. I'm back in Ohio & DH will be flying in on Fri. Then we will be going home on Sun. By way of the Smokies for a few days to celebrate our Anniversary. I'm really enjoying spending time with my Son & DGD and of course sweet little baby Gson. My DDIL is active duty Air Force so she is TDY right now. That is why DGD was spending the summer with us. Her Mom is coming to stay with my Son & the babies to help him out when we go home, she also lives in Fl. received my SP name & can't wait to get started on your pkg. I should make the mailing deadline of the 15th. Congrats on the new GS Teresa! Such a wonderful blessing! Hope ya'll have a great day!

luvstoquilt 08-06-2013 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 6217282)
My SP has family living nearby and she likes tea as well as coffee.... She also likes 30's fabric...

This could be me!??!

MsCupid..love that little man...a DGS is such a wonderful thing. Catjo Congrats on the new machine and your choice in Husbands!!! Sounds like you picked a winner!!!

SP..I was going to mail your package yesterday but didn't make it...It went today though...Yep! Lori knows!!!

Ladybug 1938 08-06-2013 03:01 PM

Yes Sharon it could be you.... do you like dark chocolate...

Wonnie 08-06-2013 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 6219128)
This could be me!??!

MsCupid..love that little man...a DGS is such a wonderful thing. Catjo Congrats on the new machine and your choice in Husbands!!! Sounds like you picked a winner!!!

SP..I was going to mail your package yesterday but didn't make it...It went today though...Yep! Lori knows!!!

Hm-m-m-m-m.................could it be .............ME????? Just sayin'........................

verna2197 08-07-2013 10:37 AM

Mailed my sp's packages out today. Had to go to the PO as I am out of ink. Need to fix that, don't like going to the PO. anyway no hints this month, I have been kinda busy trying to finish up a couple of UFOs, plus took apart my Dresden Plates as I just didn't like them.

lawsonmugs 08-07-2013 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by ladybug 1938 (Post 6219192)
yes sharon it could be you.... Do you like dark chocolate...

i like dark chocolate sis !!!!! Don't send my swap to the wrong person now.lol

quiltnut4ever 08-07-2013 12:11 PM

Verna2197,
I too did a Dresden Plate that I undid. The color scheme wasn't right :(

mscupid804 08-07-2013 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OFF TOPIC: Ladies, awhile back I made a ribbon quilt to raise funds for Relay for Life on behalf of my breast cancer survivor group in which I posted a pic on the QB for all to see. Today, I rec'd a note from our leader and I wanted to share that with you:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428895[/ATTACH]I was shocked beyond belief but very proud!