Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August 2016 mug rug swap -- favorite nursery rhyme (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-2016-mug-rug-swap-favorite-nursery-rhyme-t280604.html)

QuilterMomma 09-06-2016 11:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]557672[/ATTACH]
Love the fall theme and thank you so much Jan. It is hanging in my kitchen right now. I think it fits there so well for the season. Not that we want to think of fall.

Cheesehead 09-06-2016 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just wanted to share the darling rug mug and goodies that I received from Snownannie. The nursery rhyme she chose was I'm a little teapot and it was embroidered using an Anita Goodesign pattern. She also included teapot pins, a teapot/cup fat quarter, needles and tea. Everything was neatly packaged in a pink tote with several pockets. Thank you so much Snownannie, I adore my swap package!

Jan[ATTACH=CONFIG]557677[/ATTACH]

ljdugas31 09-06-2016 02:16 PM

Adorable!!!!!

jaba 09-06-2016 05:29 PM

You're a lucky lady Cheesehead, awesome swap you received. Love the mug rug!!

ctyankee 09-07-2016 03:13 AM

Great swap package, Cheesehead! Love the mug rug & goodies!

ctyankee 09-07-2016 03:24 AM

Okay, I'm getting confused here. The theme for this month was Favorite Nursery Rhyme, right? I'm going to ask the obvious question, so please, don't bite my head off, people -- what nursery rhyme is represented by a pumpkin? The pumpkin mug rug is adorable, but I think it's a good idea, when posting your mug rug, that you also post the nursery rhyme, otherwise we will keep asking that question. The patriotic mug rug threw me & now I'm looking at a pumpkin. Unless I'm missing something very important, I don't think everyone is following the theme. Isn't the reason we join themed swaps is to receive a themed mug rug??? The receiver of the themed mug rug may be very disappointed to be "cheated" out of the proper theme. I know stuff happens, ladies, but unless you're communicating with your partner & me about a different theme or maybe you're sending late because of a particular reason ... just let your partner know what's going on. And don't forget to inform me. Whatever has been decided about a swap between 2 people should be stated when posting photos, because that's what's causing the confusion now. And the theme has been clearly stated at the beginning of the swap! I'm not trying to offend anyone, but rules are rules & if you're doing something else, you need to plan that with your partner & let me know what's going on. 'Nuff said.

marietta 09-07-2016 03:50 AM

Pardon me for stepping in here...I follow the threads (love to see what others are doing and hoping to get brave enough to join one someday ha) and...
QuilterMomma posted in the wrong thread for the Pumpkin initially
It was supposed to be for August Mini Swap

ctyankee 09-07-2016 03:52 AM

marietta -- thanks for letting us know! I was wondering if it was the correct swap, but I didn't think about the Mini Swap. Duh! And I love your "photo"!

CarolinePaj 10-05-2016 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

Thought I would post a picture of the mug rug that I sent to Linda... can you guess the nursery rhyme?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559715[/ATTACH]

Hugs

Caroline

dotcomdtcm 10-05-2016 04:12 PM

I thought the pumpkin was for Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater!