Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-july-31st-4pm-cst-t195514.html)

roseirish48 08-06-2012 12:57 PM

package sent off today to my secret pal. State is south of me and is linked with a Ford.

Krystyna 08-06-2012 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 5422203)
package sent off today to my secret pal. State is south of me and is linked with a Ford.

Linked with a Ford ... or a Fjord?
I think it is going to Quiltymom. She likes Fords and Fjords, too.

Mine is gone. I don't know where it went.
Could be anywhere.

susansomethings 08-06-2012 01:06 PM

Ok I put my name in for August Sp & I read that we are to keep a $10 limit...but just seen pic's of a Sp who recieved a lot of stuff...looks to me a bunch more then $10 worth. Now I am wondering if what I planned on mailing is not enough...oh my! I don't want to disappoint my SP. This is my first time doing this..now don't know what to send!

Krystyna 08-06-2012 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by susansomethings (Post 5422213)
Ok I put my name in for August Sp & I read that we are to keep a $10 limit...but just seen pic's of a Sp who recieved a lot of stuff...looks to me a bunch more then $10 worth. Now I am wondering if what I planned on mailing is not enough...oh my! I don't want to disappoint my SP. This is my first time doing this..now don't know what to send!

Here we go again ... ;)

Quick Tips:
1. Use coupons
2. Add from your stash
3. Include homemade items (we love 'em)
4. Add gently used books, magazines, templates
5. Remember, the $10 is what you spend ... not the value of everything you put into the package.

susansomethings 08-06-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5422226)
Here we go again ... ;)

Quick Tips:
1. Use coupons
2. Add from your stash
3. Include homemade items (we love 'em)
4. Add gently used books, magazines, templates
5. Remember, the $10 is what you spend ... not the value of everything you put into the package.

O
ohhh that makes me feel better wheww! Thank you... :)

TheMamaHauser 08-06-2012 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by susansomethings (Post 5422213)

I about to admit something: I haven't purchased anything for my SP for the last 2 months - everything I've sent, I had here at the house already. It was just lucky that their likes coincided with mine.

But I've also been working to build up my stash of things to send - I watch the clearance lanes at Target and the dollar bins, too. And I also have a tendency to buy multiples of things and then only open one of them (pins, paper templates, notebooks) so I've been able to pull from those.

But I fully agree about the hand-made items. I try to match the intent & fabric with their likes so that it's personalized to them.

Krystyna 08-06-2012 01:25 PM

And may I add that Kelly puts together an AWESOME package! :thumbup: :) :thumbup:

susansomethings 08-06-2012 01:30 PM

Ok ladies thanks so much for the imput! I have lots of "stuff" here...LOL. I'm thinking Christmas already ...not that she stated that as a favorite, but if you celebrate it..whats not to like?? Oh a clue as to who...she mentioned blue :)

Ladybug 1938 08-06-2012 01:44 PM

Okay my package is scheduled for pickup from my house tomorrow... So it will arrive in - - - - - - on Friday or Saturday...
There is an o in the name of the state... Enough hints, remember it's a state NW of me....

susansomethings 08-06-2012 01:50 PM

still thinking