Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Black & White- April 2014 10.5 Layer cake swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/black-white-april-2014-10-5-layer-cake-swap-t242806.html)

sewbizgirl 04-17-2014 11:33 AM

~ there is a EIGHT twist limit- all baggies cannot contain the SAME fabrics so mix them up- you may use the same fabric up to four baggies but the baggies MUST not have duplicates of themselves or be identical to other submitted baggies..

This was confusing. If you can use the same fabric in up to 4 baggies, how can the baggies not be identical to other submitted baggies? Are you saying to put different assortments together, but duplicating is ok?

I'll do my best because I really want to swap!

sewmany 04-17-2014 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 6678924)
eh its easy..

as for the twist.. each baggie cannot be identical to one another .. all must contain a different assortment of REDS.no two baggies alike !!

clear as mud ??

Oh oh i already mailed and i think i messed up on the twist. I am doing 6 twist. Each has 5 wof 2.5.

do you mean i was supposed to send 30 different reds so all 6 baggies would be different? I thought you would be trading baggie for baggie.

luvTooQuilt 04-17-2014 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by sewmany (Post 6680412)
Oh oh i already mailed and i think i messed up on the twist. I am doing 6 twist. Each has 5 wof 2.5.

do you mean i was supposed to send 30 different reds so all 6 baggies would be different? I thought you would be trading baggie for baggie.

ill work out something when they come in.. no worries..

luvTooQuilt 04-18-2014 12:29 PM

*** this will be my last swap on the qb***

sewbizgirl 04-18-2014 04:48 PM

I'm sorry to hear that... :(

I went shopping today and now have enough to do 6 sets and 4 twists! About to start cutting...

lauriejo 04-19-2014 04:10 AM

Why will this be the last swap????

sewbizgirl 04-19-2014 12:06 PM

I have 6 sets and 4 twists now, ready to send. I cannot get it all into a flat rate envelope, including the return one. I am going to have to mail in a regular priority envelope (the kind they weigh). Trouble is, I don't think you can get all my layer cakes into a cardboard flat rate envelope, plus my twists. What should I do? Can I send you a regular envelope and then paypal you the postage once you tell me how much it is?

Yosamitesa 04-19-2014 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6682775)
I have 6 sets and 4 twists now, ready to send. I cannot get it all into a flat rate envelope, including the return one. I am going to have to mail in a regular priority envelope (the kind they weigh). Trouble is, I don't think you can get all my layer cakes into a cardboard flat rate envelope, plus my twists. What should I do? Can I send you a regular envelope and then paypal you the postage once you tell me how much it is?

She is a magician. She will get it to fit. ;)

sewbizgirl 04-19-2014 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 6682783)
She is a magician. She will get it to fit. ;)

Really? I think part of the problem is all the bags and their zippers. If the bags came off (for the return trip) it may be possible to get them all in there...

dottie dodge 04-19-2014 07:04 PM

I almost missed this swap! Can I still sign up for 6 sets? no twist.