Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BLUE AND YELLOW BLOCK SWAP - Closed - Blocks are Made and In The Mail (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/blue-yellow-block-swap-closed-blocks-made-mail-t21793.html)

BlueChicken 06-25-2009 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Originally Posted by sewjoyce

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I know...but I've been saving my blues and yellows for something special!

And we're NOT special?????

Of course you all are special!

But, I think I'm going to decline this one.
I'm actually partial to the cobalt blue colors and I know this isn't going to come out right, but I'm going to try to say it and hope it doesn't offend anyone.
If I were to do yellow and blue, I would want it to be the cobalt blue. No offense against any other color/shade of blue. I would just prefer the one shade, know what I mean?
I'm sure ALL the blocks are going to be beautiful...the ones from the B&W are great, but....I'm going to decline.
Can't wait to see all the blocks!!

I must admit, I thought the same thing... I like royal blues, very bright vivid strong blues, and equally bright yellows.

But.... like kluedesigns, I don't think you need to like every colour for it to be great. I detest orange, but I use it quite a lot and love it in quilts. Same with the blues, I think the blocks themselves and the variety will make the finished quilts spectacular.

Are you SURE you want to deprive the rest of us of getting a gorgeous cobalt blue and yellow block from you?!?!? ;-) ;-) ;-)

kwhite 06-25-2009 08:18 PM

I am in. i don't know what I will do, but I am in.

Ducky 06-25-2009 08:32 PM

Well said, Klue. That was nice.

MadeinMaine 06-25-2009 08:42 PM

Yippeeee!! :lol: Sounds like fun and a beautiful choice. I think I will do a set of Double Z blocks. Thanks, Colletta!

tlrnhi 06-25-2009 10:12 PM

I'm going to keep thinking....I'll check what I have. Really don't want to go out and buy anymore fabric. <GASP!> Did I just say that? I must be losing my mind.
Going to give it a few more days, maybe.

And I agree with Klue...I love making things with the others, but I just prefer certain colors.

TEXASQUILTS 06-26-2009 12:17 AM

I'm in...not sure on block yet. I already have fabric so maybe I'll habe time to work on it this weekend. Its 3:00am here can sleep knee is
killing me. Pulled a something when turning around this afternoon.
And I can hardly put any weight on it at all. We just have to baby it for a
few days not the first time this has happened.

ai731 06-26-2009 06:08 AM

Is there a deadline for signing up for this swap?

I'd love to participate, but I don't have very much yellow fabric in my stash and I can't afford to go out and buy more fabric right now. If I don't have to sign up right away, I can keep an eye out for some suitable fabrics at the thrift store over the next few weeks, and hopefully find something in time to join in.

Jan

kluedesigns 06-26-2009 06:14 AM

the only deadline is the delivery date to colletta.

Countrygirl 06-26-2009 07:30 AM

I am in. I will post my block later today. Can we do two sets with this swap?

collettakay 06-26-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Countrygirl
I am in. I will post my block later today. Can we do two sets with this swap?

Yep, you can do 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 like susiequilt did with the Black and White!