Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-11-see-changes-sign-ups-open-through-12-10-a-t235139.html)

urgodschild2 12-09-2013 02:41 PM

I don't like the fast and furious and the slow and easy name at all. I do like the tortoise and the hare.
Barb

buslady 12-10-2013 11:31 AM

I cannot believe how dumb I can be. I was so proud. Washed fabric, cut fabric, took picture, put fabric in zipper bag, made these lovely labels with a picture of the fabric and my color request, attached to each bag. Then I read the list that was sent telling who was in the groups. I realized I cut my fabric into 33 perfect 21" X 18" pieces. Now what? I am just sick!

bibliostone 12-10-2013 11:45 AM

Well, it seems you have two choices. Either cut a piece off of each of your previously cut pieces to get 11 x 18 or send the larger pieces.

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 6449989)
I cannot believe how dumb I can be. I was so proud. Washed fabric, cut fabric, took picture, put fabric in zipper bag, made these lovely labels with a picture of the fabric and my color request, attached to each bag. Then I read the list that was sent telling who was in the groups. I realized I cut my fabric into 33 perfect 21" X 18" pieces. Now what? I am just sick!

Janice McC 12-10-2013 01:29 PM

Oh, dear. Bibliostone is right though. It actually would have been worse to cut your fabric too small then you'd probably have to start all over. I'd go ahead and cut them down to proper size and hang onto the remainder. You'll still have a lot of fabric left, plenty to make other blocks or in sashing or on the back, or in another quilt top. You won't be letting it go to waste!

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 6449989)

buslady 12-10-2013 03:05 PM

I'm even dumber. I cut them 9" X 21". Yes, too small. Same square inches, just wrong size. Apparently I cannot type either. LOLOLOLO

Bee Beatty 12-10-2013 05:54 PM

Hi everyone! I recognize the posts here as being from members of the Slow and Easy group. After Janice sent our group anew link to post comments, have been posting there since. Glad I checked in here as well. Cutting fabric too small sounds like something I would do! One thing about Quilters, they always find a way to make it all work.

Sending my F8s tomorrow.

Janice McC 12-10-2013 06:55 PM

Thank you BB, I didn't even realize it myself! I'm so used to using the bookmark I have for this thread. Please let's switch to our respective threads and let this one go. Of course you may cross-post but the majority of your posts should probably be directed to your own group's thread. That's where you'll find updates and news for your own group. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty (Post 6450613)
Hi everyone! I recognize the posts here as being from members of the Slow and Easy group. After Janice sent our group anew link to post comments, have been posting there since. Glad I checked in here as well. Cutting fabric too small sounds like something I would do! One thing about Quilters, they always find a way to make it all work.

Sending my F8s tomorrow.

Nelco 12-11-2013 11:14 AM

Did I miss a post? where is the other thread for the group?

Bee Beatty 12-11-2013 02:36 PM

Hi Nelco,

Our Slow and Easy link to the new Group Thread is listed in an e-mail from Janice and is included in a previous post from her here.

Country1 12-13-2013 12:33 PM

Has everyone else already gotten their list?