Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 11 - SLOW & EASY (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-11-slow-easy-t236364.html)

Bee Beatty 12-28-2013 02:11 AM

Getting excited now! Almost time for fabrics to arrive in the mail. Today I am organizing my sewing room. Getting all Christmas fabric put away and on shelves with boom choices, can't wait to get rolling!

buslady 12-28-2013 04:32 AM

oh, man! wish I had your motivation! I hate it when my room looks like it does right now. I'd so much rather be sewing. LOL but, alas, my plan is to do the same thing. I bought an app for my IPhone to log my stash with pictures. sounds good. of course, I am sure it is as good as you keep it up. I'm doomed. LOL
I

Janice McC 12-28-2013 04:41 AM

Good morning ladies! Just an fyi to let you know I have seen the news re: increasing USPS rates. They won't change until 1/26 so this round of mailings will be fine. Let's just keep an eye on the rates for priority in the meantime. It shouldn't amount to more than a small amount anyway, 3% is what I think I read.

All but one of the S&E f8 packages are in the mail to me or rec'd. I'm waiting for an email from Argentium that she's shipped. As the "in my hands" deadline is 1/3/14, there's still time. As soon as I get that notification, I'll go ahead and let you know. Otherwise, we're in good shape and you should be receiving your squishies soon!

KatsKidinWI 12-28-2013 02:02 PM

I'm so excited, getting close now. Cleaned and old my machine, Old Bess and ready to go!
Hit Christmas fabric clearance and got enough to do king size and maybe a queen or full quilt top plus extra for pillow cases...maybe next boom.

urgodschild2 12-29-2013 09:02 AM

I apologize to everyone. I didn't realize that theMamaHauser was in our group. I thought because she was printed in a different color that she just volunteered to be the alt. Hostess. My error so I was one F8 short. It will be going out tomorrow as an overnight thing. So Janice should have it by Tuesday. So sorry for that.

Barb

Bee Beatty 12-29-2013 02:11 PM

Whooooosssh! Spent all day yesterday and all afternoon today re-organizing fabric on comic book boards, separating stash into warm and cool colors. I found fat quarters I had forgotten about! I have realized how thankful I am that I don't work in a tee- shirt shop. Folding cotton is work! I am sure when I am ready to sew that I will not be able to find anything :confused: ::)) Ready for The Big Squishie!

Janice McC 12-29-2013 03:38 PM

It's really no problem. Just pop that F8 in the mail tomorrow and we'll be golden! Have a nice evening.

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 (Post 6480080)
I apologize to everyone. I didn't realize that theMamaHauser was in our group. I thought because she was printed in a different color that she just volunteered to be the alt. Hostess. My error so I was one F8 short. It will be going out tomorrow as an overnight thing. So Janice should have it by Tuesday. So sorry for that.

Barb

Old_Rosebud 12-29-2013 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty (Post 6480526)
Whooooosssh! Spent all day yesterday and all afternoon today re-organizing fabric on comic book boards, separating stash into warm and cool colors. I found fat quarters I had forgotten about! I have realized how thankful I am that I don't work in a tee- shirt shop. Folding cotton is work! I am sure when I am ready to sew that I will not be able to find anything :confused: ::)) Ready for The Big Squishie!

Don't you love it! Everytime I organize (i.e. clean) it takes me forever to figure out where I put stuff when I need it. LOL.

dungeonquilter 12-29-2013 04:14 PM

I have been trying to organize my stash as well. My room is very small, and I have to bring it to the bedroom to sort. I keep lugging it out, sorting, and lugging it back in so we can sleep. Repeat the next day. Progress is being made, however slowly. Looking forward to receiving the squishies.

Bee Beatty 12-29-2013 04:33 PM

LOL! Sounds like we are having the same kind of "fun". It always feels good to move my stash from here to there - putting likely partners together - grouping subjects and even discarding an occasional postage stamp favorite. But then the dreaded reality.....the Squishie arrives and I can't find the one perfect piece of fabric I had that would make a great block. That's when it happens.....Stash Attack! I am glad to know I am not alone......looking forward to this!