Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 12 - SHORT & SWEET (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-12-short-sweet-t243244.html)

terriamn 03-16-2014 04:55 AM

short and sweet

1 Attachment(s)
I'm also adding to the blocks used in boom 11 S and S for my 3 year old granddaughter. Here are the fabrics. Requesting to use bright colors, no black, gray, brown or white. Thanks Terriamn
[ATTACH=CONFIG]467445[/ATTACH]

joanelizbay 03-16-2014 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think Im going to send 13 F8's just in case we have a late entry. If not its ok...Im attaching a picture of the fabric I chose. I was really going to go shopping today to find something new but I got to cleaning out my stash boxes and couldn't believe how much fabric I have. I have 3 boxes of small left over pieces, One of civil war fabric, One hugh box with different colors and 2 other boxes with smaller pieces so I decided since its snowing/freezing rain outside Ill just use what I have and finish a project I have wanted to finish for awhile. Thus the Navy fabric with ships like my twin brother and my brother in law served on. Ive made one for my brother but want to make another one for my bil...Im thinking whites or grays with the fabric.. Will be in the mail to Janice tomorrow!

Bluelady 03-16-2014 09:26 AM

Moonrise, I am excited to make another block for your theme! I have plenty of fabric left that matches your fabric swatches (such a great idea to send little pieces along to match) so I can dive right into it! I can't wait to what the little extra piece I get and how to work it in.

Bluelady 03-16-2014 09:29 AM

Marcialee, love your fabric! Great colors and I bet I have fabric in my stash already to match it. Can't wait to work with it, I have ideas already!

Bluelady 03-16-2014 09:35 AM

Terriamn, I think I have the same fabrics in my fat quarter stash! Bright fun stuff! I may go a bit wild bright crazy with this one! Thinking what my granddaughter would love....

And joanelizbay, I have never worked with fabric like that so it will be a great challenge to find just the right fabric and design for yours! I LOVE block challenges! How to highlight your fabric..... Hmmmmmm....

TheMamaHauser 03-16-2014 03:05 PM

I mailed out my F8's yesterday. I sent 2 - one of my focus and a coordinating fabric - with a note that says please use these two fabrics and that if you absolutely need to add a 3rd color/fabric, to please add only medium/dark browns.

I hope that doesn't sound too overbearing - it's just that I have a really specific vision for the layout and color and since my focus fabric isn't available anymore, I want to make sure I can use each & every block.

terriamn 03-16-2014 03:20 PM

Bluelady the brighter and wilder the better

Terriamn

Janice McC 03-16-2014 05:42 PM

I'm trying to decide on fabric myself and cannot wait to see what you all come up with. Moonrise, I loved your fabric when i saw it for F&F, so I'm happy I get to work with it soon. joanelizbay, that fabric's going to be a challenge for me. marcialee, yours has such great movement! Terri I've got some fun ideas for your polkadots. And bluelady and libster, your fabrics are very pretty. Thanks for sharing the pix.

We remain at 13 people in the group so please send 12 F8s. If the f8s come in early, i'll send them out right away.

annt59 03-17-2014 08:13 AM

Janice, please post your address again. Thanks.

joanelizbay 03-17-2014 08:44 AM

Envelope is in the mail Janice. I emailed you the tracking number. Dont anyone stress over the ships being fussy cut or perfect in any block...I have enough fabric for the borders and sashing so it will be fine, no matter what you all come up with!!