Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 13 - Sign-ups Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-13-sign-ups-closed-t246660.html)

Bee Beatty 05-14-2014 04:42 AM

Moonrise,

So glad you are in. Love your idea because.........I am thinking of a Christmas quilt, so into my stash as well and sending all different F8's of seasonal fabrics. Already playing and washing!

Originally Posted by moonrise (Post 6715692)
I'm in! :)

DH's work situation has been changing a bit (less play money - waah!), so I'm trying not to buy any fabric until things settle down. I tried to go stash-shopping, but each piece of fabric either seemed boring, or I didn't have enough of it. What to do? What to do? :eek:

Finally I reached waaaaay, waaaaay back into my stash cabinet, and A-HA!! There it was. :cool:

I had participated in an oriental-themed F8 swap here on the board awhile back. I'd put them away for safe-keeping, and had totally forgotten about them. There sat the prettiest stack of F8s, already cut, and ready to go! :thumbup:

Here's a photo. I signed up for a large group. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]475499[/ATTACH]

Libster 05-14-2014 05:22 AM

Seems that the "Gang" is coming together nicely, Ladies! Loving all these names I'm seeing. Oh, did I mention..my F8s have been washed, cut and wrapped for quite a while now. They're just patiently waiting to go out.

Billi 05-14-2014 05:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my gosh I'm excited too I spent a good part of yesterday washing and ironing my 30's reprints I really hope to get into a large grou too, I also started looking for block patterns just to get head thinking that way. The Asians are beautiful and what a good idea to use holiday prints.

jaba 05-14-2014 05:42 AM

Now you all have me thinking with your wonderful pics. I bought several of the fabrics for the state flowers and was going to use it for a boom and never did. Will have to look into that today and see what I come up with. Thanks for the ideas.

Libster 05-14-2014 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 6715810)
Oh my gosh I'm excited too I spent a good part of yesterday washing and ironing my 30's reprints I really hope to get into a large grou too, I also started looking for block patterns just to get head thinking that way. The Asians are beautiful and what a good idea to use holiday prints.

Oh my gosh! I love your fabrics! I can't wait to work with one of those.

joanelizbay 05-14-2014 08:30 AM

Oh moon...I LOVE the 3rd row down, blue F8.....just saying! :)

terriamn 05-14-2014 04:07 PM

Love the Asian prints. I have what to me is some luscious fabric to use for this swap, not my usual style at all but something about it keeps calling my name.

Moonrise I am 99% certain my dream will come true and I will be offered a severance package in November so I will be able to retire 5 months early. Have been trying to build my stash up to get ready for non stop sewing time Terriamn

KatsKidinWI 05-14-2014 04:41 PM

Mine too libster, i hit a fat quarter sale awhile back...

terriamn 05-14-2014 05:53 PM

my fabric

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]475576[/ATTACH] This is my fabric it is much brighter then the picture. Terriamn

Bee Beatty 05-14-2014 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 6716583)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]475576[/ATTACH] This is my fabric it is much brighter then the picture. Terriamn

This is great fabric to play with...love it. Fall colors my guess!

Buzzy Bee