Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-14-sign-ups-open-thru-12-6-sooner-if-spaces-fill-early-t256837.html)

Bee Beatty 11-16-2014 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like a fun group forming already! Choosing a fabric....what about this one? My thoughts are: lots of color and options - subjects to fussy cut if desired...and I have enough fabric to be generous. Theme for this one: "Gardener's Winter Dreaming". :) A throw for my Mom's rocking chair on the porch. She loves to watch the planting.

Bee (Working on re-sizing my photos - have the resolution problem resolved. However, my Sony has its own program)[ATTACH=CONFIG]499020[/ATTACH]

Bee Beatty 11-16-2014 09:47 AM

OMG! Went the wrong direction on the photo re-button. Back to the drawing board. I am using Google Chrome as my browser......changed everything...fonts.....sorry about the technical difficulty!

Kassaundra 11-16-2014 09:58 AM

[QUOTE=Bee Beatty;6971100]Looks like a fun group forming already! Choosing a fabric....what about this one? My thoughts are: lots of color and options

What a fun theme and awesome fabric

Billi 11-16-2014 10:01 AM

Bee that is down right adorable, I love it.

Janice McC 11-16-2014 10:28 AM

OK, ladies! We're off to a nice start. Welcome to all the veteran Boomers who've signed up so far! I'll post a list tomorrow of those from whom I've gotten emails and what group(s) everyone is joining.

For those who might be interested and haven't signed up yet, let me assure you this is a great group of people. And for many, this is a bit more than just a swapping group. A lot of people become quite friendly and we notice when you disappear for a while, right, Buzzy? Or when there's a happy occasion like a new grandchild or a new job, or we support you when things can get rough during illnesses or moving households. I'm very pleased to spend a lot of my time "with" these ladies, although we would welcome a gent or two, if they were so inclined!

Anyone with any questions can email me or post here. Often, one of the former members can answer any questions as well as and sometimes faster, than I can. If you are just lurking, that's cool, too. Hang around a bit and see if anything kindles your interest!

travelinggramma 11-16-2014 02:00 PM

And for any of you who haven't joined in a Boomerang like this - join in. It is a safe place where you can practice those blocks you are thinking about making but don't want to make a whole quilt of. I have learned to do so many blocks - and enjoyed paper piecing fun blocks.
This time around I am putting the paper piecing aside and I WILL learn to do a 1/4" seam and HST and it WILL be 12.5" each and every time!!

Kassaundra 11-16-2014 02:00 PM

I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join the fun. This will be my first boom, and first swap on QB but I have participated in several on another site. This is most likely the fabric I will send

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...3f43ba71d6ae52

travelinggramma 11-16-2014 02:03 PM

Oh Bee - your fabric is calling to me - maybe I will make a paper pieced block for you!!

travelinggramma 11-16-2014 02:04 PM

[QUOTE=Kassaundra;6971496]I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join the fun. This will be my first boom, and first swap on QB but I have participated in several on another site. This is most likely the fabric I will send

beautiful fabric - any ideas on what colors you would want us to use??

Kassaundra 11-16-2014 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=travelinggramma;6971501][QUOTE=Kassaundra;6971496]I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join the fun. This will be my first boom, and first swap on QB but I have participated in several on another site. This is most likely the fabric I will send

beautiful fabric

The blue in the lines is the exact color of my walls, and I love the colors and feel of the fabric so anything would be great. I would ask that no white be used.