Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-14-sign-ups-open-thru-12-6-sooner-if-spaces-fill-early-t256837.html)

Kassaundra 12-01-2014 03:42 PM

Love the apron.

terriamn 12-02-2014 04:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]500898[/ATTACH]Finished Mom's top, everything including the borders were from my stash and no it didn't even make a dent in it.

do you ladies save quilt magazines. I have so many they are coming out my ears.n donated some, guess I will have to donate more.

Janice McC 12-02-2014 04:45 AM

Beautiful, Terriamn! The blues are so pretty together. I might have to make a Contrary wife for a certain contrary wife I know!

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 6991649)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]500898[/ATTACH]Finished Mom's top, everything including the borders were from my stash and no it didn't even make a dent in it.

do you ladies save quilt magazines. I have so many they are coming out my ears.n donated some, guess I will have to donate more.

Janice McC 12-02-2014 05:27 AM

Sign-ups close in FOUR days --

Good morning, everyone. Just a reminder that we've got sign-ups closing in 4 days, just before midnight on Saturday night. Unless we have a last minute run on spots, our groups will be a bit smaller than i'd hoped but if everyone is ok with that, then so am I. Also, it's been suggested that I open up the remaining spaces to anyone who has already signed up so they can double up in a group. I'm ok with that but only for those people who have done a swap with me in the past. It's a huge commitment to do double. If you are interested, you can EMAIL me now with your request to double up and which group you want to double up on. If there is space once sign-ups close, we'll see if we can work it out. Groups cannot be larger than 20 so it will be on a FCFS (first-come, first-served) basis.

I've been out of pocket quite a bit for the last week. First it was the holiday prep, then guests and the holiday itself, now it's some much-needed home repairs. Half my house is in disarray and the other half is threatening to be from overflow. Yesterday our front sidewalk was torn out because it was a safety hazard due to cracking; today it should be re-poured. Also the electrician starts installing recessed lighting in the kitchen today. That's a huge change for us and DH is particularly concerned that the placement of them be just right. (He's in charge of that.) Later this week, it's sheet rock work and then eventually new paint. (I struggle over choosing colors for blocks so imagine how nutty I'm getting over determining half a house's paint colors!)

All that being said, I love all the chatter and pix being posted here (gorgeous quilts ladies!) and although I've been able to read a lot of it, there hasn't been much time to respond. Things should get better next week. In the meantime, keep prepping the F8s (no eighths, only FAT eighths) and get them ziplocked up (no ziplocks with bulky zippers if you can avoid it - you know the ones I mean) and labeled with your names and your fabric requests if you have any. For those of you in both groups, once again I'll combine shipping in a single padded USPS envelope so everyone will only need to send me $6.10 for return postage. You'll have approximately 3 weeks to send me your F8s but if everyone gets them to me early, I'll mail them out to you early.

Four days and counting! If you know of anyone who hasn't decided yet, please tell them time is running out. I'm not going to add any after-deadline requests to join as I'm prone to mistakes with last-minute juggling.

Have a good day, swappers!

Bee Beatty 12-02-2014 07:11 AM

Terriamn, really nice color coordination from your stash....soft and vibrant at the same time. Are you finishing it before Christmas for your Mother? I am sure she will love it!

Wow, Janice---you have a lot going on! You are definitely a "buzzie bee" . :) Looking forward to swapping with you!

Kassaundra 12-02-2014 07:27 AM

Pretty quilt Terriamn.

Janice, wow that is a lot of home improvement projects, good luck w/ your sanity!

terriamn 12-02-2014 09:29 AM

Have fun Janice, we ripped up the kitchen 3 years ago. Stripped it bare, since dh was doing, some of the work himself it took over 3 months. We had a Refrigerator in the dining room and the outside grill. Our house was built in 1918, all the old walls were plaster and lath and you have never seen such a horrible mess. Results are worth it so hang in there

Bluelady 12-02-2014 11:11 AM

Still sittin on the fence here... but I think later today I should go see what my stash holds for possible F8s.. Mayhaps.. should I find a suitable fabric... thinking.. thinking..
And, I have not finished one top yet from these swaps..lol.. please don't say I have to finish one before starting another!

(and I had a 4th interview for the job this morning.. they just need to hire someone (ME) and be done with this interview nonsense!!)

terriamn 12-02-2014 11:38 AM

Oh come on Bluelady and join us, it won't be the same without you

ljdugas31 12-02-2014 12:16 PM

Yes Bluelady please join.Love the blocks I have received from you,you know how much fun this swap is!