Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-18-sign-ups-now-open-t284275.html)

Janice McC 12-29-2016 07:19 PM

MJP, it's a swap you arrange outside of this forum. Perhaps you'd like to swap a block with someone who isn't in this boom, you can PM them and exchange fabrics directly with the person instead of through me. The reason it's outside of this forum is that I have no responsibility or control in the event you do not receive what you expect or don't like what you receive. Also, this swap preserves a degree of anonymity which some people prefer. Side swaps are fairly common but it's completely between the two of you. I don't mind if a person posts once they'll do side swaps but beyond that, it should all be handled outside of the boom swap.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7728613)
Excuse my ignorance but what's a side swap?

Janice McC 12-29-2016 07:33 PM

Doubling up is completely optional and NOT expected. It's completely up to you.

Originally Posted by jlt37869 (Post 7728623)
I'm only in the 2 month group and would prefer to not double up this go around, unless that presents a problem. If so, just let me know.

joanelizbay 12-29-2016 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had enough of the blue for the 2 month group with the doubles...So I had to check my stash for the fabric for the 3 month group. Ive had this for a few years and I love it but didnt know what to do with it Its Dynasty from Timeless Treasures and I just liked to take it out and look at it...

I have enough now for 16 pieces and have ordered 3 more yards so I will have enough for borders etc and to send the total amount to the group...(I hope it gets here soon! :) Ive been thinking and thinking about what color to go with it and I really want the main fabic to stand out so Im going to ask for only WOW ...I thought about the purple or the blue or even gold but I think that might take away from the black..esp if there were various colors of blue/purple/green...I just LOVE all the colors in it but the quilt will be for my son/DIL and they have been wanting a black based king quilt....Its all packaged up, just waiting for the last 2 pieces to get here! :)

Kassaundra 12-29-2016 08:07 PM

Joan that fabric is stunning!!!!

ljdugas31 12-29-2016 09:30 PM

Joan I Love your fabric!

Janice McC 12-29-2016 09:40 PM

Stunning fabric, Joan.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7728691)
I had enough of the blue for the 2 month group with the doubles...So I had to check my stash for the fabric for the 3 month group. Ive had this for a few years and I love it but didnt know what to do with it Its Dynasty from Timeless Treasures and I just liked to take it out and look at it...

I have enough now for 16 pieces and have ordered 3 more yards so I will have enough for borders etc and to send the total amount to the group...(I hope it gets here soon! :) Ive been thinking and thinking about what color to go with it and I really want the main fabic to stand out so Im going to ask for only WOW ...I thought about the purple or the blue or even gold but I think that might take away from the black..esp if there were various colors of blue/purple/green...I just LOVE all the colors in it but the quilt will be for my son/DIL and they have been wanting a black based king quilt....Its all packaged up, just waiting for the last 2 pieces to get here! :)

sewbizgirl 12-29-2016 10:05 PM

Joan, that fabric would be amazing as a One Block Wonder! It reminds me of peacock feathers... beautiful!

marietta 12-30-2016 12:59 AM

Absolutely Beautiful fabric joanelizbay. And you want us to cut into that?

Libster 12-30-2016 02:39 AM

Joan, add me to the list of oooohers and ahhhhhh-ers. Gorgeous!

terriamn 12-30-2016 04:47 AM

Joan oh my that is absolutely stunning.