Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

Libster 08-18-2018 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8112798)
Re: Billi. This “situation” is something I ponder every single day. I get emails about her on a regular basis, people are concerned. I’ve exhausted all avenues of contact short of getting on an airplane and knocking on her door and even that would be a problem since she’s moving residences. At this point, having been assured by a family member that all is ok, I’ve had to step back. Now we wait to see if she shows up, if she sends her blocks. A couple of months ago I would have said this would never happen, not with Billi. Inconceivable. Now, who knows?

The last date that she posted here on the Board was July 1st. Since she's changing residences, it may be that she doesn't have internet set up yet. I know there's an explanation. I also know we miss her.

sewbizgirl 08-18-2018 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8113050)
The last date that she posted here on the Board was July 1st. Since she's changing residences, it may be that she doesn't have internet set up yet. I know there's an explanation. I also know we miss her.

You can use a cell phone, tho. I’m reading from my cell phone right now. So puzzled...

JayneW 08-18-2018 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by klaws (Post 8112503)
I have three more blocks finished. I don't know what is wrong with me lately. I've been making so many mistakes. :(

This one is for Bibliostone. It's called "Table for Four" from Quilter's Cache.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599679[/ATTACH]

This next one is for Stafar. It is called "The Dandy Quilt" from Quilter's Cache.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599680[/ATTACH]

Last but not least is for JayneW. This is called "Patience Block" from Quilter's Cache.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599681[/ATTACH]

Klaws- Three amazing blocks! I really like the Table for Four pattern, I might have to try that one! And of course, my Patience block is incredible. Probably a bit more patience than I have on most nights! Thank you

Janice McC 08-19-2018 05:09 AM

Fixed. Those 2 fabrics have been giving me fits this whole swap! Lol. Thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8113036)
I was looking at the gallery and noticed two of Terri's blocks are in my group. One by Bibliostone, and one by Klaws. Our colors are so similar.

ljdugas31 08-19-2018 07:49 AM

Hi everyone! The blocks are amazing as always. I am doing well still not sewing but soon. I will be moving to South Carolina as soon as my home here sells.My husband has had health issues and we need to be in a no snow zone lol. It will be a big change leaving my kids and grandkids and New England that has been my whole life. At 65 years young it will be an adjustment but will be good for us. I will keep you all updated as things change will be doing the next boom!!!

Kassaundra 08-19-2018 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A progress pic of my pink plaid rosette.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599768[/ATTACH]

Libster 08-19-2018 11:25 AM

Kass, that is gorgeous! I so admire your talent doing this. I would not even attempt it.

ljdugas31- PM me and let me know what part of SC you're relocating to. That's my home state. I have relatives from one end of SC to the other. (And in the middle) I think the last significant snow they had there was in 1973. (It was a duzzsy!) I'm 74 and that's the only one I can ever remember. Glad you're going to be back for the next Boom.

sewbizgirl 08-19-2018 12:03 PM

Beautiful, Kass!

I am making baby diapers today.

Cheesehead 08-19-2018 12:52 PM

Kass, that is just outstandingly gorgeous! Like Libster, I too wouldn't even try to attempt to make something like this!

SBG, that's great that your daughter wishes to use cloth diapers. I used them on my first two children, by the time we had the next two I used the disposables. I am really looking forward to seeing everything you create for those new grandbabies on the way!

JayneW 08-19-2018 12:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yay, finally time to work on Dune blocks! Three completed today, all the same pattern Kitty in the Corner from Patchwork Square.

1st for KLaws... I am really liking this red and white quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599769[/ATTACH]

Second is for DShannon. I had a little Halloween fabric that I think worked well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599770[/ATTACH]

And last is for Libster. Crazy how the same pattern looks so different with different color combinations.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599771[/ATTACH]