Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

joanelizbay 06-11-2018 07:55 AM

um hum.....sounds soooooooo easy Kass! LOL....hope the bite heals soon..they can be very painful!!

WANNABEE 06-11-2018 08:49 AM

Was that in English?

Libster 06-11-2018 08:50 AM

Man, those "bubble-wrap suits" are beginning to sound a whole lot more interesting ( and maybe more necessary here lately!
Kass, sure hope your Benadryl works fast for you. I have a small hole scar on the back of my left leg from a spider bite 20 years ago. I've never had anything itch so bad in my life! I hope to never have another bite like that.
Your turtle is, well, another Kass masterpiece. Love it.

LJD, glad your surgery is behind you. As Terri says, Rest and heal.

QuilterMomma 06-11-2018 09:01 AM

I had best be getting my self into gear and get these mailed out this week.

Janice McC 06-11-2018 10:25 AM

Geez, Kasssundra. Am sorry to hear about the brown recluse bite. I know you’ll take care of it.

And thanks for the curved edge piecing info. It reminded me of cathedral windows and thought I could make out the folding in the photo. It’s the only way it made sense. Cool!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8074544)
LOL LOL LOL you guys kill me (in a good way) I probably do need a warning label though!!!!! lol lol lol...

Janice McC 06-11-2018 10:30 AM

Reminder! When you send your F8s, be sure to enclose either $7.25 cash or a prepaid label or envelope. No stamps please. And you do not need to send me an envelope. I’ve got dozens of the padded ones just for the Booms.

PamelaOry 06-11-2018 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 8074374)
Newbies - do not get intimidated.

that ship has sailed. *gulp*

Janice McC 06-11-2018 10:54 AM

PamelaOry...too funny. Just breathe and make your blocks and all will be well!

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8074697)

GramE 06-11-2018 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8074697)

I still think of myself as a newbie. But the thrill of searching for the right block for the fabric in your hand is wonderful. And guess what, when it’s done, you don’t have to make that same block 18 more times. You get to move on to another fabulous fabric and a new search for the right block. Building a quilt is very gratifying, but sometimes tedious work. I love doing it. But just making blocks is like a new toy everyday. It’s the waiting for your squishy to arrive that makes me edgy! After I finished my first boom, I felt like I had been to a school semester of block making with 20 or so of the kindest, bestest teachers. It was great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595867[/ATTACH]
Here’s my first Boom quilt. I only made one block! We’ll take good care of you Pamela! ❤️

sewbizgirl 06-11-2018 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8074769)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595867[/ATTACH]
Here’s my first Boom quilt. I only made one block! We’ll take good care of you Pamela! ❤️

I see the one you made, GramE... top left corner. Yikes!